Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling mobile insurance with Carphone Warehouse

• 12-12-2002 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the Carphone Warehouse store in Henry Street still exists? I moved down the country nine months ago and haven't been back to Dublin since.

I bought a phone there and took out insurance on it a year ago. I want to find out how to cancel as I wasn't provided with details of how to do so at the time. I've been trying to contact them all day but the phone is ringing out. Tried Grafton Street and Tallaght but they were constantly engaged. Even tried the website, but they don't list Irish stores any more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭okonski

It was still there when I passed it last month, but with (usually) only one staff member present, he has to deal with the phone enquiries too. (Although whilst in the counter queue, I thought I might get handled more quickly using my mobile to call the shop!)

The Insurance policy issue is a complex one - CW act as a broker, and I'm not aware of them offering policies directly - but it can change month to month. Your best advice is to Call CW Ireland's head office and explain what you want to do - the local brach will have passed all the details on to them anyway.

Have a look at:

http://www4.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-customerservices-Insurance

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Shilo

If by any chance you haven't got this sorted out already, ring their customer care line on 1850 424 800 and ask for Emma. She deals with insurance problems in Ireland and she can help you. If possible, have your policy and customer no. to hand. You'll find it on the original receipt you received from the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Thanks, Shilo. I eventually found that number last week and the cancelled the insurance (I hope-they didn't ask for a policy no. or anything....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Shilo

No, they can usually pull up your details with a phone number or even just your name. Can make things a bit quicker if you're in a hurry though! Glad you got it sorted!

Advertisement