Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Private forum???

• 12-12-2002 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

If u read the games board u'd know that there has been quite alot of attention towards a Boards.ie clan for SW Galaxies,
    I just suggest a private forum for it, so more organisation can be done before the release.

anywho, your thoughts please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Your presuming of course that game will be a big hit. That's not neccessarily gauranteed.

Look at Daikitana, lots of hype, got it's own planetdaikitana website and flopped like the half dead, limping mongrol of a game that it was. I say wait and see if the game becomes popular and then create a community board. If that takes off, then lots of people will become interested and so on and so forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yes, I agree with amp that that risk exists, however I still think a pre-emptive forum for SW Galaxies would be nice. I'm looking forward to it really.

I'm thinking this way it could be easier to sort out the roles and make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I have to confess that I know virtually nothing of this game and I assume most others are in the same boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I hear that in this game there will be cake and trapped creatures. This sounds like an entirely wondrous topikal idea in my mind. If I could play it I would, but I am not sure that I will have the time unfortunately.

Go go Galaxy board

and cake!

gordon for mod!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I know quite a lot of people who will be getting this as it comes out, most of them boards.ie usersa dnas it is a subscription game it means at least a month's use to get the interest going.

Nothing wrong with precreating a priv forum for it, though i'm thinking you'd have to decide will it be for a certain clan of players or all general users?

Doodee if you have a clan type thing in mind give me a shout and tell me who you know who's going to be interested in this. I know a load of people who want to get a band together at the start of this game to develope quickly.

If it's not just for a certain clan then why not make it a public board?

Worst case....you can always pull it down again if the interest is lost once it's released, but going by the constant daily discussions going on for months now - there would be PLENTLY to talk about even before the game is released.

The sooner this gets put up the better imo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I think a public board is best to generate the interest.
    Also whilst reading this thread in work my co workers told me they found curled up in a ball in a corner speaking in tongues" the kittens must have cake".

Hmm Boards needs a health warning :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

][cEMAN have a look in the games forum, theres a big thread there about it :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd be happy to support some venture into a Boards.ie SWG clan. I know a fair number of Boardsters who are going to play it.

But you need to work out if you want a public or private board or even both. If its not successful we'll delete it... we did the same with EQ...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Somebody please make the kittencake muppetry stop :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Leave it public, and on the games forum(as sticky maybe) so it will attract new comers, once the thing kicks off then(depending on traffic) it can get its on board.

kittay stew (tm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Stephen
    What has kittencake©®™₧ got to do with anything :confused:

/edit Apart from everything, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

If i make a kittencake, who will actually eat it?

I'm on my way to the animal shelter to get me some kittens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Stephen

I thought I was the only one who thought it was past it's sell-by date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 xadai

I don't know... i thinks its maybe better make a General Star Wars forum... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I don't know... i thinks its maybe better make a General Star Wars forum...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=150 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Originally posted by Dazzer
    Agreed

SW:galaxies h looks unbeleivable at the mo. I'll undoubtably be playing, hopefully along with the boards.ie krew. I support t the idea for a sw:galaxies community board fully, and I hope many others do too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 xadai

Sorry, noob in this forum ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I think a public forum inside games would be best

Advertisement