Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phundraiser. oh, mercy.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

you've gotta understand that no every band can produce music that is perfect for everyone! the point is that if there were only a small group of people who were there simply to see a band that arn't liked by the majority they shoudl be respected and ignorant people like you should just shut up, grin and bare it!

no one has the right to ruin other peoples night's because of their perticular music tast

oh and the fact i'm dyslexic dosen't mean that my point should be ignored so, if you want you can spell check my post
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

B-e-r-r-e-t-a or B-e-r-e-t-t-a or fuc ckin B-l-i-n-k-e-r

it's pretty damn obvious you're the same angry boll ox!

What a lame charachter you are. Typical of every synical and old fashioned attitude out there.

Just f u c k off. There's no hiding for you. I bet you've changed your name a thousand times on this board. pis off. I can guess the other names you've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by blinker
    pity you couldn't spell check you own post also.

nothiced.

this is real petty but it just wrecks my head when ppl give out about other ppl's spelling

tyrrial has a point, i think, its not fair for everyone to ruin other ppl's nights cos they dont like that particular band... ie. if i paid in to see babelfish, bit of a pisser for me if everyone around is talking.... but it is true that if a band holds folks attention they wont talk (anyone at sigur ros- i was afraid to breathe)

just on the point that they had laptops and backing tracks onstage... personally, i think if it ads to the sound then it should stay, i love the noises and effects that babelfish have... and if you dont like that, surely you hate electronica which has a hugely growing fan base here in ireland (not saying that you should like it, just wondering more so... it'd be awful weird if you didnt like the fact that babelfish had a laptop and liked other more dancey/electronica bands/acts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gary D

True people should respect bands even if their not to thier liking and appreciate the time and effort that is put into each song.Im not saying i like every band i see but why ruin it for people that do like them by signposting your dislike for the particular bands.Especially at more intimate gigs, its a right pain in the arse.

Yeah and that Sigur Ros gig was just unbeliveably quite it was amazing, the gig that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

I agree. It can be such pain when people talk over your performance. Really disheartning.

But then again I find that you only really notice people talking when the majority of the audience are doing it. I find that if the majority of the audience is engaged then those who are disinterested are less likely to mutter. You can still pick them out by the expressions on their faces but a least they are keeping sthum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

actually, the pseudonym "beretta" is the only one i use on this here board. i find it ridiculous that you would assume i'd adopt different names to post argumentative points. if i have something to say, i don't need to hide behind another name to say it. however, i think this thread has gotten very old, very fast. if you folks are hell bent on bickering so, do it over email and leave the rest of us out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 frank05330

blinker you really are a ****ing idiot.
    i dunno about the babelfish, but i know for a fact that blotooth are one of the most talented bands around. and real talent does not hold the attention of the majority of the crowd. ive seen plenty of people with real talent get up on stage, play a brilliant gig, and be ignored. what it boils down to really, is that talent doesnt matter **** all as to whether a band is talked over or not. the deciding factor is how many absolute ****s like you there are in a crowd on any given night.

oh, and blotooth a bad covers band?
    hehehe.
    i guess charlie didnt know what he was doing then, when he paid them alot of money to play covers in one of the busiest resorts in lanzarote for several years.
    and im sure there's a person out there who could take all your other points too, and prove them wrong just like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

gosh im getting up a lot of people's noses these days.

anyway, just from wandering around gigs way too much (as is in my job discription) i know people complain about the talking over music, but from an observer point of view, i never hear the talking over music, just the shushing, that's all i was trying to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

It would be really funny if mr/mrs Beretta/Blinker actually thought blotooth were playing any covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

I don't mind people talking during my set. You're there to entertain the crowd who, after all, have paid to be there. There's nothing that takes the joy out of a gig quicker than people sssshhhhing everyone else. best of all are those rare occassions where the mood is right and people are quiet voluntarily - now that means something.

Incidentally, if it puts you off playing when people talk, you might try practicing your songs with the telly on. It takes greater concertration but it's certainly possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i gotta say, i thought the crayonz were pretty good, BUT as you said blinker/berta you missed most of their set and i can honestly tell you that blotooth captured the audiences attention a lot more than the crayonz.

if you read my original post, you'll see that i WAS there for the entire gig. i saw all of the bands. i paid attention to blotooth's set, as i had heard great things, but they didn't captivate me. i'm not a fan. get your facts straight.

ok... lets see...

"i thought the bands were pretty crap... with the exception of the crayonz, who i thought were really quite refreshing. i really paid attention to blotooth, who disappointed, and i'm not a fan of babelfish full stop. they were as expected."
    -beretta

"caught the first band crayonz but thought they rocked - blotooth and bablefish deserve to be talked over as they were lame"
    -Blinker

nope..... can't see a single similariy.... their both prats if nothing else. so feel like changing your name again my dear?

it's not unheard of for two people to share opinions, or to have similiar takes on situations. by your reasonings, i should therefore assume that you are also posting under the names of "back to front" and "raggamuffin", to name but two.

yeah... sure....
    you know what, we'll agree to disagree..
    if it makes you feel any better about yourself then ok:
    i'm also everyone else in the world who thinks your a prat.
    i guess your hit list has just been shortened.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jocasta

meow! a saucer of milk and a table for two :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

I dont think even Muppet Monarchy will object if I close this thread! Jaysus. The important facts eg the thank yous and the money raised are detailed in a sticky posting above.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement