Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIT Christmas Day

Options
  • 13-12-2002 1:56pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone in WIT will know Christmas day had a few hitches this year... main one probably being the ambulances called to the College... :(

Anyway this is what the Director has to say anyway, bit vague as to who is at fault (this was addressed to the Staff of the college BTW)

<SNIP>
    Subject: Students "Christmas Day"

Dear Colleagues,

I have been informed of the well-founded and deep concerns of staff at the unacceptable events which took place on Wednesday, 4th December. I appreciate that staff took the trouble to keep me so informed at a number of levels. I have now initiated a process to ensure that there will be no recurrence of such unacceptable behaviour.

I wish to thank again colleagues who, out of the sincerest commitment for the organisation, shared their anxiety and apprehension with me.

</SNIP>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What happened ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

There were people queing for the college bar by 10 a.m. so a few people got so polluted that they ended up in hospital...

There was puke in the flower beds, the floor of the bar was a carpet of glass etc...

Badly organised, bar had 1 bouncer and didnt serv food that day (normally they serv a full range of hot food and sandwiches)

There was alot more people then legally allowed in tha bar as well...

Im sure the SU will get the blame but i reckon the bar managment shoud get some as well (its owned by the college)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ah... The Dome ... teehee.

At least there actually is a bar in WIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

yeah when are we getting one stephie??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I was ashamed to be associated with some of the assholes that were in the dome on christmas day. I was ashamed to admit i was a student. Drunken idiots at 11am singing christmas songs and wearing santa outfits, then rushing to the bogs to puke up their rings. Anyone check out that idiot with the bag pipes? Getting up on the stage when the band were trying to play. (the band were very good imho) GAA jersey wearing bog hopping idiots.

I was sad to hear about the girl that broke her hand after falling off one of the tables in a moment of drunken stupidity.(sarcasm)

Yes, you're right the SU will get the blame, but john rocket(sp?) and the rest of the dome staff should bare the brunt of the responsibiliy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Ws talking to a friend in the SU, they didnt get in trouble because they only organised charitible, non drink related, events and only organised stuff after 3pm

Im ashamed of them most of the year.... ;)

lightly off topic...

did u see 22 people got arrested on friday night/saturday morning? i was in geoffs at the time remember seeing the paddy waggon pulling up

Waterford seems to be getting alot more dangerous these days....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 philsul

it a pity that it ended so bad that people have to start fightin wen they go out and drink way too much that they forget what dere doin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Locked - Don't drag up old threads!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement