Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'puter to hi-fi

Options
  • 13-12-2002 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi-di-ho neighbourinos,

My question is this to any Audio nuts out there, I just bought a nice big sound system. Then i remembered I have no cd's having given up buying them when I discovered Napster back in the day. Soooo i went to hook the Hi-Fi up to my PC using the scart plug on the back of the Hi-FI, one of the lads brought up about a million cables and connectors and I spent an unfruitful night last night pluging and unplugging every combination of them into the two machines...no luck, can someone point me in the right direction as to what I need to plug the two together ? I have an Idea that its going to involve a new PCI sound card with the proper sockets on it ?? at the mo i'm running an Old Gateway 330 with onboard crap which i'm soon to be replacing with a home built bad boy...do I have to wait till then do you reckon ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

you shouldnt have to.

There should be an "auxilary in", probably two ports, on the back of your stereo.

You should be able to get a cable that goes into this (should have two plugs on it, one red one white)

the other end of it will have a walkman headphone type jack. Simply plug this in where your speakers go.

I have a similar set up, except i had the two cables to go to my stereo, but nothing to fit the computer sound card, so i soldered a jack from a set of walkman head phones to the cables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tuille

i was looking for a cable like that cause i figured that it'd have to plug into the speker socket on the sound card, unfortuantly don't have one, there are Aux in sockets on the Hifi tho so i'll pop into town tomorrow and pick somthing up (i'm not quite the macguiver you are), any ideas for good cheep electricial retailer in the city center (Dubh Linn)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Eh.. peats... or even Dixons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Upstairs in Peats. About 7e. Get a long lead (5m) in case you need to relocate either PC or Hi-Fi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tuille

nice one lads/ladetts

• Advertisement
Advertisement