Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This fake smile is hurting my face.

• 13-12-2002 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

What were the best/worst Christmas presents you ever received?

I think that the best prezzie I ever got was a Hillman Imp from my Dad when I was 15.

The worst present I ever got was a 'Halo James - Don't Blame it on The Sunshine' single from my Grandma, when I'd asked for 'anything by James'.

I seem to recall a socks & underwear double-whammy from my aunts that year as well. I practically needed novocaine to relieve the agony my fake smile was inflicting on my cheek muscles!:D :D:D:D:D (ouch)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

When I was about 13, my Uncle gave me a bright pink polaroid photo album for Christmas. I didn't even have one single picture to put in it. It was the hardest fake smile ever! He gave my 18-year old sister a book about dried flowers!
    This year I'm praying for something more useful, like a doorstop! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

best pressie : 6x3 snooker table...that rocked, fell apart after few years....sad days

worst pressie : jumpers/slippers/box of cocaine

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Worst thing - The Minipops cassette tape. It was about 125 yearsago or something. Boy did i hide that thing good! It could have led to a serious ass kicking in school!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

best prezzie, hmm hard to think about it, but since i have that electronic football game me and my brother got in my mind i would have to say that for the moment...

unluckily that fell to its death after i stamped on it after me brother beating me and taunting me if i remember right :p

worst prezzie, i always hate getting clothes that you will never wear and then having to act grateful for them, socks and pants i can handly as ill actually wear them (Well apart from the y-fronts that my grannie felt the need to inflict on me, suffice to say they sat in a drawer for 2 years before being binned :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Space_Coyote

worst pressie : jumpers/slippers/box of cocaine

I keep getting your worst pressie! Except for the cocaine bit of course... :p

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

i slippers from my granny a few years ago and they rock :)
    Mega warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    i slippers from my granny a few years ago and they rock :)
    Mega warm.

What about that mouse you got last christmas for worst :p

Best pressie I ever recieved was an Ibanez GRX-20 Guitar ..mmm, its all blue.

Worst present (/me hopes no family members read this) ..I once got this 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, the image was just all popcorn. Nothing else..just popcorn.

The horror..

Advertisement