Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD question

Options
  • 13-12-2002 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi folks,

I have a Philips DVD player (DVD751) which I have chipped to make it multiregion. Question I have for you is can I get a chip that will allow me to play mp3's on the bad boy???The model is the one just before they started to throw in the mp3 playable cd jobbie.....Any input greatly appreicated..

cheers
    costie929

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Question.. in the time it takes for this reply you could have found the answer a hundred times with Google.. eh the answer is no.

By the way what do you mean by chipped? Did you pay someone to chip it? You realise its just a 30 second remote control hack right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah but it will lock after 25-30 changes.
    Unless you use a universal remote to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

is that true? if so does that apply to all dvd models when they get remote control hackedor jsut that specific 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Its true for that philips model, but most players won't lockout, however its always a good idea to check before you start changing regions on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

it better be just for that one as i paid a little extra (my own fault) for a multi region dvd player from richersounds in which the only thing which made it multi region apparently was a remote control hack if it locks after a number of region changes they'll be hearing from me goodo.

• Advertisement

I'm nearly sure that's the same player as mine.
    If you hack it with a universal remote then it becomes region free forever, no need to plug in codes each time to change the region. Obvioulsy if it's region free it wont be stuck on a specific region.
    It also means you can play RCE discs. If you just change the region using the regular remote hack, then I dont think you can play RCE discs.
    But no, it wont play mp3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Hi,
    Is a one-4-all remote purchased from Argos considered a 'Universal Remote'?

Yep.
    I have a One-4-All 6 [urc-7560].

Advertisement