Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spyware fuxx0red up my domain

Options
  • 13-12-2002 4:17pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭

While visiting some dodgy website recently I ill-advisedly clicked on a button which installed some spyware on my machine. I'm not sure what exactly it is, as neither SpyBot nor AdAware picked it up on repeated scans. Do the domains wflu.com or lop.com mean anything to anyone?
    What happened was a complete fuxx0rization of my system, installing favorites and shortcuts from hither to yon, a portal program which runs in the system try on startup (some music search mlarkey), most of which I've managed to delete, but more seriously, it's jiggered my domain settings and buggered up my IE. What this amounts to is that every so foten I access a webpage, which displays for a second or so, then I'm redirected to the portal site www.lop.com. The URL in the address bar is the one i'm trying to access, but the lop page is displayed. Upon refreshing the same thing happens - the desired page is briefly displayed then changes to the lop page.
    My machine's ID was changed to mymachine.wflu.com. I changed this back to jsut mymachine, but the problem persists when I try to ping the other machine on my home network. I type "ping othermachine" and the result comes back as othermachine.wflu.com. As a result (or possibly as a result of something else) the other machine doesn't show up in my network neighbourhood, and I can't acess it through windows.

I know the above is rather a mish-msh and won't make a lot of sense to anyone who hasn't experienced the same problem, but if anyone has, and/or knows how to undo this satanic chicanery, please, please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by pickarooney
    lop.com

i had that
    it converts any non found url to their home page
    there is a little prog or sumtin that can help
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

find it there under lop.com
    hope tthat helps

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Thanks a million for that, it was wrecking my head :)

Advertisement