Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX to VCD?

Options
  • 13-12-2002 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

just got me a nice shiny new dvd player but no dvds :(

anyway i needs to know is it possible to make vcds from divx using nero? that transformers the movie divx needs to be watched on the wide screen :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Yeah, erm..
    Nero does have a system where you can drag and drop the avi file into a VCD option but it's slow and from my experience, the results tend to skip alot.
    I recomend you first run your avi file through virtualdub for errors (just in case heheh) convert it to mpeg using TMpeg.
    Make sure you convert to a PAL thingy.
    I'v forgoten the res for VCDs but TMpeg most likely has a help file which will give you that info.
    Then you can burn it in the VCD option in Nero. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

thanks.

god only know how long it will take to re-encode the divx to mpeg1 especially since ive only got a ****ty 500mhz p3

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Shouldn't take longer than 3 hours, if your machine isn't doing anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

great site http://www.vcdhelp.com you'll almost certainly find your vcd/svcd/dvix/dvd answers there
    lot's of guides about converting to and from various formats and systems. just finished dumping 8 VCDs onto a DVD-R, worked a treat.

Advertisement