Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic threads

Options
  • 02-12-1999 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Lo lads.

Not being familiar with the system running the boards I'm not sure of this, but I think there is a simple command which locks a thread and redirects the whole thing to another board. Even if there's not it probably isn't too hard to do manually.

The question is do we really want people to use boards like quake as quake-related only, or are we happy to let ppl put all sorts of crap on there?

The specific-topic boards seem to be grand, there's a lot of guys who regularly post there.

What do you think?

Al.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

so......how bout them bears huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I don't mind so much about the Quake board, so long as nobody fukks with the tech support board smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

When did I become the admin of a board?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

say .... what?

Trojan it's just ultimate BB http://www.ultimatebb.com

Lock threads yes ...
    redirect no.... but why bother if the prep was foolish enough to post on a board where the admin is going to locked it then it can't have contained anything interesting :-)

and they aren't all quake related ( the posting to the other boards aren't unless the poor saps posting are that addicted to quake )

" Let justice be done through the heaven's fall"
    []-=--=--=--=--=---[ Lord Khan ]---=--=--=--=--=-[]
    ;'-Techwolf.net Admin-';
    E-mail: drazicus@esatclear.ie
    Mirablis ICQ: UIN# 9583037
    IRC: #techwolf @ techwolf.megalinks.net
    []-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-[]

Advertisement