Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Metallica Album ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I see And Justice for All.. is getting a good few votes.

I think this is one of Metallica's worst albums. Bass is drowned out, guitars and drums are too heavy, etc.

Metallica themselves have even admitted it wasn't a great album in hindsight.

That album's only saving grace is One and Harvester of Sorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

...And Justice for All is so underrated. The guitar sound on that album is the best I've ever heard anywhere, really shredding palm muting sound, yet not too extreme. There are many individual tracks that can compete with the material on MOP, but I think it just doesn't come together as an album quite as well as MOP.
    Metallica themselves have even admitted it wasn't a great album in hindsight
    Well, I don't really respect their opinion in anything anymore, especially after praising Linkin Park. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They did what?
    Deary me!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by ManWithThePlan
    Bass is drowned out.
    This is probably one of the main reasons why Jason left Metallica. I don't think Lars, James or Kirk ever trusted him. I think they were afraid that they would lose the sound that Cliff gave em. Well they've certainly done that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

S AND M
    PITY THE ****IN THING IS SCRATCHED NOW

• Advertisement

ive only heard "justice" once but have you noticed on their last few tours the only song they play of it is one,as far as i know they play **** all else of it.

Master has to be their best album, its their most cohesive, and every song is just fukin savage, apart from leper messiah which is just alrite
    never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Clearly it has to be Master of Puppets, though followed closely by Ride the Lightning. I haven't heard either in years as I vowed never to buy or listen to them again after they booted me off Napster. :) ****ers.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Sarky

I've heard that their new album is a return to the old form, so maybe they're not a lost cause yet. Here's hoping...

I've heard that too. 3rd hand info granted, but apparently a direct quote from the editor of Kerrrang (I think).
    It's heavier than 'Ride'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by pyure
    i'd say S&M, loved it to bits

although if i had to pick a studio album, it'd be a toss between ride the lightning and puppets

I find it difficult to choose between the studio albums. At a squeeze, I'd probably go for Ride the Lightning. S&M is great though and I listen to it now more often than the others.

Hope they play No Leaf Clover at the August gig. Great song, that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Ride the Lightning by a nod for me

Although I love And justice for all, Metallica Black, and Master of Muppets as much! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement