Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scorched earth

• 14-12-2002 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

this is by far the best war game ever, no exceptions. hell hath no fury like a well aimed funky bomb and there's nothing more annoying than a ton of dirt landing on top of you.

if anyone knows where there's a windows version please post a link, the dos version is well and good but a winscorch would be pure class.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'm not gonna give any links, but i think it's available on some abandonware sites...

many happy memories of playing this on the amiga:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Why not take it to the emulators board eh? I'm sure it's cropped up in a thread before;) Best war game ever......Jebus god no:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Yeah - worms is probably the equivalent. DL the original as abandonware and you'll be laughing all over again. It got progressivly crap as the series went on.

i pm'd you a link raziel.
    afaik it's a windows version...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Hehe , I can remember playing that on my cousin's IBM pc , Hours and Hours of fun.Especially when you had enough money saved up for the large nuke :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

i wouldn't even put worms in the same catagory as scorch, it's too comic , i mean nuke vs sheep bomb c'mon scorch you could play for hours worms is sometimes a bit slow with all that jumping and the little tag lines in scorch are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Scorched Earth?

Try the remade in 3D for the new millenium freeware version why don't ya? :D

That scorch 3d was ok but it just lacked something, didn't like the view, did look nice though. Sorry tman your link was a DOS version, i'll just keep lookin'

sorry, just can't trust my memory these days:rolleyes:

what's wrong with the dos version anyway? it works perfectly on windows xp

• Advertisement

it's strange but whenever i want to play it i have to go; start menu, run, c:\scorch15\scorch. thats the only way it works and i've tried almost everything else. i get error messages otherwise. I can live with it,

is there a *.pif file in the folder that you installed scorch to?
    if there is just delete it, sud work grand then (ps, merry crimbo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Used to play it in coledge all the time on my ol 386. I rember trying it on a P1 and seeing the MIRV bombs going too fast for the eye to see. It never surfaced again as far as i know, would love to play it again.

Advertisement