Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad News In Mountmellick.

• 14-12-2002 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

I have just found out that Leaving cert student in Mountmellick Community school,Conor Davis has died after a long illness.It has come as a great shock.We in the school held a fundraiser recently for him to try and help and this news is deeply saddening.He will be missed dearly by all his class-mates and the community in general.I felt that anyone form Mountmellick who uses boards should read this as a kind of tribute to Conor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

This is a shock.
    I did not know him personally, but I had heard a lot about him and his condition. Still, I had no Idea he was at a risk of death so quickly.
    I heard the condition he had was quite serious but treatable, he was just watiing for treatment I was told.

The school very recently bought him a Laptop Computer to use for study etc.

Im sure the school and community will be as sad as I am. They did everything possible to raise money for his treatment.
    It really brought the community together. We were all sure he was going to pull through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

He was going to go to America for treatment which is not availiable here due to our government and all its cut corners and lack of proper health services and now another name is added to the list of those who paid the ultimate price due to beareaucratic ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sticky-ed on request.

my respects to his family n friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Very sad news. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Advertisement