Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thumped.com Christmas Extravaganza!

Options
  • 14-12-2002 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

please forgive the spam.. it's for charideeee

Thumped.com Christmas Party - The Scene Celebrates Its Elf
    Wednesday 18th December, Doyles of Fleet St.

To celebrate Thumped.com heading into its 4th Christmas, and to stick a finger up the nose of those who never thought it’d get that far, Dublin’s top underground music website (and online home to "the scene that celebrates its elf") is throwing a special party on December 18th on the top floor of Doyle’s of Fleet St.

The night is being run in aid of The Cleft Lip & Palate Association of Ireland (http://www.cleft.ie), and entry is a suggested minimum donation of €5. The night will also provide an opportunity for some of the 1,000+ users of the thumped.com message board to meet up and exchange Christmas gifts in person, instead of the usual anonymous internet abuse…

What makes it particularly special is that the line up is being kept a secret until the night. Suffice to say all the bands have caused a stir both nationally and internationally over the last 12 months, and you’ll miss them at your peril. Also featured will be mystery DJ’s paired-up for MC face off’s, a rather superb raffle and a unique mix swap idea - all attendees are expected to bring a CDR or tape compilation of their favourite tunes - gift wrapped, of course - which will go under the Christmas Tree. Tapes and CD’s will be distributed to all the boys and girls at the end of the night. See the message board at www.thumped.com for more details.

Thumped Christmas Party
    Doyle’s, Fleet St.
    Wednesday, December 18th
    Doors 7.30pm, Admission €5

thanks,
    pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jocasta

sounds promising, i shall try my best to be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

As we all know, opinions and debates can get a little heated on the anonimity of the thumped message board. Am i assured that this night will escalate into mindless bloodshed? If you can offer me that assurance, i will not only be there, but will bring everyone soul i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

They're all pussycats.
    Thumped is like a place where a load of Timothy Lumsdens from Sorry! go to take out their aggression.

Should go. It'll be deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

arr should be good - even if the lineup is the worst kept secret ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

wow, it does sound like fun. i think im meant to be working until ten, but i could try and get off early and head in. the gift idea is a goodie. oh boy. i sure hope whoever gets the one i make likes nada surf... and lots of 'em...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

yo beretta, what happened to the nada surf??? still keen to hear something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

hup

Advertisement