Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp3s

Options
  • 14-12-2002 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering about the reason for the taboo on mp3s in the music/radio forums?

for example, is there really anything wrong with telling someone where they could find a song they wanted?

imo, twould be a good idea for a forum on its own aswell.
    granted it would require some serious administration.

or would it end up in tears, due to some sort of legal proceedings?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Panda
    or would it end up in tears, due to some sort of legal proceedings?

i think that about sums it up....as boards.ie becoes more popular, larger companies are becoming more interested in sing it as an advertising tool. This money is then used to keep boards.ie running so we can use it to troll,spam and make life difficult for DeV :D

if boards.ie is seen to promote illegal activities these companies will 1) stop giving up money 2) start send DeV solicitors letters trying to shut the site down (not a good thing)

there is always more at stake thann just getting a few freebies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by Keeks
    and make life difficult for DeV :D

so whats your point? :)

but dont other boards get away with it?
    i should probably check that, myself but im at home and my connection is frustratingly slow.....

how about if there were 10 admins monitoring the forum?
    i'm sure people would be more than willing to be one of the select few who admin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Panda
    so whats your point? :)

but dont other boards get away with it?

What boards? What type of mp3s are u on about anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

There are other boards out there?

/me wanders around to p45..

*tumbleweed*

It's lonely out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Look, we're very conservative in these here parts. We don't truck with the likes of these mp3'z and warez with their "z"'s and their crack cocaine.

MP3'S WILL STEAL YOUR SOUL BOY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by amp
    MP3'S WILL STEAL YOUR SOUL BOY!
    but they taste sooo good!

sarcasm aside* does anyone else think an mp3 board would be anything other than a nuisance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

err its a bit pointless.. a better idea would be a sticky in music/radio with sites like epitonic etc.

Advertisement