Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament?

Options
  • 19-12-1999 4:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

I'm going to buy either UT or Q3, I liked the UT demo much better but I'm worried that there won't be enough people playing it online and that there won't be as many mods for it as quake3.
    I'll probably play it single player a lot though because I usually play TFC or Counterstrike online.
    I don't know which to buy, anyone got any suggestions?

Mills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

A mate was telling me he went into game on friday morning and they had something like 30 copies of UT on the shelves and the equivalent in Q3. He went back in on they way home around 5pm and they had 3 copies of UT and it seemed that they had sold hardly any Q3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Cheers m8. that's all I needed to hear :-)
    Definately gonna buy UT now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yeh well ut has a week's headstart smile.gif

even so it does appear to be outperforming Quake3 in almost every web poll. Most of those dont mean sh1t but UT is still the better game by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

UT

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yes ... UT smile.gif I bought it myself - It runs fine on my P200MMX + voodoo2 ... Which I do not think would be the case if I tried Q3. At least it runs fine in single player against the bots... it runs really sh!tty online though... But I think that's because of my computer rather than the game.

- [IAR]Munch
    - iarclan.cjb.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Phoar!
    Yes, UT is super fukkin' sexy online with a K6-2 450MHz, 128MB, Voodoo3.
    I was amazed that I could use the Sniper-Rifle at 200+ ping without any noticable lag.

But If you're going for UT, just make sure you have at least 500MB's to spare, 900MB's would be even better. (HardDrive)

-Free Pr0n Linkz-
    http://www.gibworld.com/grotto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

LOL, that's the same spec as my machine!
    I bought UT. Very nice indeed

Advertisement