Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT No Limits

Options
  • 14-12-2002 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently Ive noticed with No Limits that Id be connected, and sometimes my webbrowsing just doesnt work (On both IE and Mozilla) While MSN and IRC continue to work flawlessly. The inability to surf lasts for upto 10-15 minutes and seems to be happening on a regular basis, I get atleast 1-2 blackouts in an hour - I can resolve the host and even do a tracert, but the browser just gets stuck on "Connecting to ..."

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Fawad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Having the same problem - it doesnt happen on other ISP connections, just NoLimits. All other apps continue to work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah same here but i loose games too.
    Tis weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

same here but i only noticed it today about a hour ago
    its ok now and it wasnt a dns problem cos i could resolve url's to ip's :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I was getting the same thing on Netsmart about an hour/hour and a half ago.
    Mozilla was saying connection attempt was refused etc. I tried the pages in IE and they just came up with page cannot be displayed.
    I could ping the urls at the time and IRC, mail and downloads were working fine. Odd.
    And now it's off again as I'm trying to post this.

It took 7 or 8 retries to get this posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

lol, was replying to this, and it happened to me again :(
    anywyas. thanks to serrarD, all you have to do is empty IE history and IE temporary internet files.
    working grand for me again.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's the cache, it happened again when I was trying to see your reply, after a couple of minutes it started working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Got the same problem, doubt there's anything we can do apart from wait until they fix the issue.
    Could ring them up and complain though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Probably a problem with whatever web proxy they're using.

Seems to be getting worse, whatever's causing it.

Originally posted by Shamo
    Got the same problem, doubt there's anything we can do apart from wait until they fix the issue.
    Could ring them up and complain though :)

Emmm..just did...didn't seem to have a notion what I was on about..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

sounds like a problem with Esat's DNS.

the next time it happens see if you can still visit

http://195.218.115.65/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Having the same problems here.. Just web browser goes. Tis annoying me..
    POP3 email checking continues to work perfectly however during the blackouts...

Perhaps to stop esatbt.com going down every weekend like it has been, they swapped the plugs? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

this problem is annoying. i didnt have it earlier now its really annnoying.

i wonder what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not just me then:) :mad: :mad:

Everything else seems fine (FTPing etc) -it's been that way for a few days

I'd assumed it was something to do with my OS as it's affecting all browsers I've tried (IE, Opera, Mozilla)

Time to phone Esat and let them know that others are having this problem too.

Phoned them just to make the usual "I know you can't personally do anything about this but someone there can" complaint -closed at the moment (it being the weekend) but office hours are 9-9 Mon-Fri and 9-6:30 at weekends if people feel like doing the same.

Number is 1800-923-222 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Had exactly the same problem with Netsmart today, yesterday at about 10.30pm, and Thursday at 7pm.

They'll be getting a call.

And again...now I'm getting pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

yup using oceanfree now it was pissing me off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭kmurph

Looks like it's gone completely now. Can connect, but nothing happening at all after that. No browsing, or e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Originally posted by kmurph
    Looks like it's gone completely now. Can connect, but nothing happening at all after that. No browsing, or e-mail.
    Exact same for me, stuck on eircom per-minute :( ick :(

Still happening this morning :/

It completely went down for me last night as well about 00.15 - wonder WTF is happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I had exactly the same problem with SNL but it is back now.

If anyone gets a response from ESAT can they pass it on here please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! The problem is still not fixed. My connection went dead after 15 minutes and I only got back in on the second attempt.

I'm still getting connection refused blah blah on webpages. At least I'm not paying per minute for the privilage I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Thank God I thought i was the only one and it was driving me mad. I am having to reconnect every half hour or so.

It's rightly fvcking annoying!

I'm on netsmart btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Relief to know im not alone here
    Wish theyd hurry up and fix it

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Was just about to post saying I think it's improved now but the fecking thing stopped again!

Using a fast college connection during the week and come home to this :rolleyes:

Just off the phone from Esat. I was told it was a server problem, which they had "resolved" during today, but some people were still having problems. Expected to be solved within the next hour or two. Im connected now, no poblems as of yet (thats the kiss of death if ever I've heard one). Was also told that Esat became aware of the problem on Saturday, but as I've already said, this has been happening since Thursday.

On another note, why the hell is there no mention of netsmart on esat's technical support phone line? Or for that matter, when one attepts to register an e-mail account through iol? The only services that are mentioned are iol free, iol gold, and iol no limits. Its a pain in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Mine is fine tonight

Most surprised - I rang on Saturday to complain..I had not one but two calls back..one from the Tech Rep and one from Esat's NOC.. fair play..really didn't expect to hear from them again!

Advertisement