Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linux q3

Options
  • 14-12-2002 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Are the linux quake3 binaries only available if you buy the boxed linux set? I bought the windows one as the linux one wasn't out till 2 months later. But now I have to reboot into windows whenever i have a match. Are the linux binaries freely available yet? (I know the patchs are)
    quozl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Not sure but I doubt they'd make you by a boxed Linux set. (Packaging them would cut into profit ;) )

<EDIT>Correction: They actualy did release a Linux Boxed version. Doubt it got over here tho.l</EDIT>

I'm sure the binaries are available for download somewhere.

You could try ID's ftp server (ftp.idsoftware.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

answered in irc. if anyone wants them they;re in the linux point release.
    http://217.116.227.199/patches/linuxq3apoint-1.32.x86.run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Quozl if u check out the counter-strike forum You'll see a few ppl were askin why yur not seen anymore playing cs... obviously u've switched to the much inferior Q3. Were u any good i don't remember u?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

what? No. I never played CS. Maybe you're mistaking me for Skyclad?
    quozl

Advertisement