Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing nicks

• 14-12-2002 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Can you add another field in a persons profile showing the nick they registered with?

With the amount of nick changing going on it's getting fking annoying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Monkeying with the VBB PHP code and MySQL DB isn't really a good idea (things will break)

So your answer will be NO ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Send Dev/Regi/Cloud etc. a PM with your credit card details and they will change your nick for you at a reasonable cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Woot 1700th post! Woot-woot! \o/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont agree with people radically changing their nicks. I certainly wont do it for people like Paddy20 or others who want to ditch a bad reputation. I've changed nicks for a few people under special circumstances but I'm not getting into changing nicks for people willy nilly...

The admins havent decided on a policy for this just yet but we may well do so in the new year.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by DeVore
    I dont agree with people radically changing their nicks. I certainly wont do it for people like Paddy20 or others who want to ditch a bad reputation. I've changed nicks for a few people under special circumstances but I'm not getting into changing nicks for people willy nilly...

The admins havent decided on a policy for this just yet but we may well do so in the new year.

DeV.
    Anyone should be able to change there nick if they have a good enough reason, I'd just like to be able to see what there old nick was.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Monkeying with the VBB PHP code and MySQL DB isn't really a good idea (things will break)

Nah, they won't. Configurable profile fields is a built-in feature of vBulletin. As long as you don't fsck with the original fields, it's fine.

adam

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually I agree with you Celt, I would like a system whereby people COULD change their names at will (or as part of a supporters package perhaps) but their old name (the one they registered with) would stick with them.
    That would be a nice solution to all the concerns, but right now we dont have the capacity to support that or code it.

I think it will come though.

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think everyone should be known by their uid's.

You are number six.

I am not a number, I am a free man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by DeVore
    Actually I agree with you Celt, I would like a system whereby people COULD change their names at will (or as part of a supporters package perhaps) but their old name (the one they registered with) would stick with them.
    That would be a nice solution to all the concerns, but right now we dont have the capacity to support that or code it.

I think it will come though.

DeV.
    iirc, ubb 6 was like that.
    You had a username and you had a shown name, the username stuck with you but you could change the shown name at will.

Pity ubb never caught up with vbb(although I must admit to not looking at ubbdev.com for a long time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I think everyone should be known by their uid's.

like the stonecutters in the simpsons ?
    there is a way to find out ur no.
    i think its right
    if u scroll over the pm button in a persons post it displays the no. in the bottom left where it displays the link.

Advertisement