Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

french help required

Options
  • 14-12-2002 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

ok...the leaving cert is but a *lock* a months away and i still havn't really got to grips with the french language (i blame my teacher and myself)
    now...i'm trying to come to terms with french and basically starting from scratch and going over everything that i don't already know..
    What sites are out there to help me with every aspect of learning and how to learn french? thx..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Try http://french.about.com/

I think the best thing you can probably do though is to get a revision book for French Leaving Cert. Also, if you can afford it, get grinds - they really will help. But if you do, don't expect that just sitting there you will 'absorb' French - you have to put in the effort too. I have given grinds to too many students that just thought that I was gonna put the language straight into their head, but it doesn't work that way. You'd really need to get cracking to get work done for the oral.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

try "less stress more success" french revision book. i found it quite handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

try a french gf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by lili
    try a french gf :D

lol. i think i need to improve my french ALOT. i'll give that a go(just to improve my french. no other reason ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

oui oui, i believe you :D

seriously, i admire the foreigners who learn english cause when i have to explain some french rules, i ask always myself how the hell they will manage with it, cause to each rule there is an exception.
    i think when an english speaker is getting confortable with the 'la' and the 'le' then the war is almost won :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement