Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding and removing ringtones from the 7650

• 14-12-2002 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knew what the story was with sharing ringtones on the Nokia 7650 I have downloaded some free .midi files that I am using as ringtones and want to send them on to friends of mine, is this possible?
    I just can't find the ringtones anywhere on it bar the profiles folder and I don't know how to remove ones that I have put on surely there is a way to remove ringtones once you have put them on?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

you can use a "file manager" app to navigate around the 7650 file system, that way you can locate the files and send them on

My Symbian Donwloads have a few listed

Some cost a few euro but have advanced features / utilities such as Extedded File Manager and Ximplify SeleQ

Foreward can forward on files which have been received over Bluetooth infrared or e-mail, and File Send are two freeware ones

HTH,
    Brian G

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Dub you're a star.

What would I do without you?

Do you know if it's possible to transfer files between a Sharp GX1 and the 7650?

I want to send a few ringtones on to my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I did a little searching on the infrared issue with the Sharp GX1 and was disappointed to find out that the infrared function is designed solely to facilitate the phones use as a modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man
    I did a little searching on the infrared issue with the Sharp GX1 and was disappointed to find out that the infrared function is designed solely to facilitate the phones use as a modem.
    As is the case with the GX-10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man

welcome to the way the operators want the future to be - walled-gardens - and not just the walled-garden approach we all saw with their initial WAP content strategy - this is going to include the handsets too...

an article about this from Infosync last month
    http://www.infosync.no/show.php?id=2576

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement