Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica On Tour!!!!!

Options
  • 14-12-2002 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Yes its very much true Metallica are going on tour next summer so far their lined up to play at a German festival july 6-8 2003. so there deffinetly will be a european tour next summer , go too http://www.metallica.com for more information in the coming weeks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

even if metallica did a tour wat are the chances of
    a) them doing a gig in ireland (espec belfast)
    b) having affordable tickets, and
    c) not wanting to go!!!!

anyway what does theyre line up look like now that james left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

dont you mean since jason left ?

apart from that the line up is the same as its always been. they're currently holding auditions for a new permenant bassist.

personally im looking forward to the new album, hopefully it'll be pretty good...i might even go to one of their concerts, metallica is still one of the biggest names in rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

The new album has apparently got Ja Rule on it. It's sucks already. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Bob Rock is doing bass in the studio, but he doesn't want a permenant position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

yeah metallica did a song with ja rule a few months ago...as far as i know its not gonna be on the album tho

sounds like a straight metal album from what i've heard...dont quote me on any of that tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Chances are, they'd probably bring Ja Rule out on stage. If I'm going, I'm gonna be throwing beer bottles. Perhaps I might be able to knock Lars out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

There is always hope Angelwhore...

Always hope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Is it not true that Micheal Inez(ex ozzy and Alice in chains) has replaced Jason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Even though Metallica are my favourite band I still wouldn't be happy if they came. I have cunning stunts and it's nothing to even headbang to. It's because they have a new distortion and they tune the guitars down...tut tut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

if they did do a gig it`d be the bestest thing ever........metallica rock!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Even if the new album sucks it would still be great to see them play all the old stuff live

Right lads...
    Metallica - Aug 21st - Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Oh FFS! That means I'll have to come over to Ireland, then fly back to go see Nightwish. Any London/UK dates for 'Tallica?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

AngelWhore, where'd you hear that??

The Ja Rule thing was a collaboration for a film soundtrack, it isnt on the new album.

The only dates that metallica have confirmed is some festival in germany and denmark (Going by Metal Hammer)

nothing about their "lead" at Donington, would be sweet, have a video of that Monsters of rock at donington, man, Slayer, Metallica, SkidRow ;), it ruled.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Igonre Angel, just had a look on Metallica.com,
    http://www.metallica.com/tour/

sweetness !!! im there already! I wonder if its too early to start queueing ;)

Originally posted by Drazhar
    AngelWhore, where'd you hear that??
    Originally posted by Drazhar
    http://www.metallica.com/tour/

bangin.gif

All that needs to be said really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

****IN NICE ONE! START SAVIN AND QUEING ASAP! AW ****IN NICE 1!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Thats great news. Its great that some of the big bands are finally coming to Ireland. I hope more will follow....

*coughPanterAcough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mechanix

that will be classic....
    ne news on the backup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

http://www.nme.com/news/103797.htm

confirmation....any guesses on the point being the venue???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by s8n
    any guesses on the point being the venue???

If they played anywhere else i'd be surprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

it says on the metallica site that 16-21 are festival dates so hopefully there's gonna be a Carling festival nme website has got the lowdown no that but i think KoRn might be somewhere in there with Metallica if it's going to be a festival !!!! even if KoRn don't come it's still gonna kick major ass!!!!! God i love Metallica!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭col_nicholson

When do you guys think the tickets will go on sale and for what price, if i miss them i will cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

One of the lads i work with has already been seekin the much wanted tickets, altho they arent out yet as far as kno soz :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Hot Damn!!!!!!!!!!

sweet!

im THERE!
    hey axe hows about a bus journey?

Advertisement