Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horslips

Options
  • 14-12-2002 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

i was just listening 2 a few Horslips songs and was wondering if any1 else would agree that they or 1 of the best bands the north have ever rared?i do! their drummer Barry Devlin is from moortown/Ardboe he i surely 1 of the best drummers our parish has rared.:) :D:):D:):D:):D:):D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Yeah i agree! However our parish has another amazing drummer, Gerry Wilkinson of the Rubber Plants (Led Zeppelin Tribute).
    All hail Ardboe ''Rock City''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

What do you mean from the north?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by ironbrew
    i was just listening 2 a few Horslips songs and was wondering if any1 else would agree that they or 1 of the best bands the north have ever rared?i do! their drummer Barry Devlin is from moortown/Ardboe he i surely 1 of the best drummers our parish has rared.:)

Since you seem incapable of using the web for a tiny bit of research, you might realise that Horslips werent all from the north and Barry Devlin played bass not drums.

As homework, go and find out which noted rock journalist was the actual drummer for horselips :)

I didn't cope that he called Barry Delvin the drummer. Eamon Carr was the drummer and was from Kells in Co meath. Not from the north. My mother knew him quite well. Delvin wasn't that great of a bass player and he was responible for such ****e as Ballykissangel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh leave me alone now.u've cut me off. now your just looking me to cry!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

that best band for the north IMO would be 'More Power To Your Elbow'... celtic rock at its best..... but they are long gone

Does anyone remember a Celtic rock group called Mushroom? I think they where the lesser horslips.

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    that best band for the north IMO would be 'More Power To Your Elbow'... celtic rock at its best..... but they are long gone

Why do you say they are the best band in the north at the moment if they are "long gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i heard a bit of one a their cds a few years ago , an it was`nt too bad actually , some of the stuff was fairly easy on the ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

dont worry about him, its just Return of the Ginge (ironbrew) he should be bored in a week

yes ardboe. just as important as desertmartin, producing fine intellects, a booming economy and fine exports. (not!)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by francie brady
    Why do you say they are the best band in the north at the moment if they are "long gone?

ach i meant to say they could have been the best celtic rock band from the north, but they broken up about 10 years ago...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

oi, would that johnny the fox happen 2 b ole dee?:D

francie Brady - Mushroom??? are they any good?

might be young chada ...
    still drinkin WKd blue? :) (u big girl)

I don't know if they are any good, i ever heard of them, just a rumor that they exsist. I was askin did anyone know them.

Advertisement