Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad DeVore

• 15-12-2002 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Can I just say that this is one of the most inappropriate and offensive things I have ever read on boards.ie.
    "A play on a song from an ad for the special olympics" is certainly not the first thing that comes to mind in the context of the thread....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Shouldn't this be something you should take up with the admins personally, through a PM or email, as opposed to putting it in a public thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Shouldn't this be something you should take up with the admins personally

hence why its in the "admins forum" perhaps ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Generally if I had a problem with an admin (not tha I do)I'd complain personally. Not tell everyone about it. But ah well. People do things their own way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Why do I get the feeling we already know this "newbie" :)

This is not a Democracy and DeVore and the other admins pump cash and their time into this site.

If you don't like it then don't post and go away.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

jeez..
    some peeps gots waaaaaaay too much time on their hands
    devwhore get a life man :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think Devwhore thinks of himself as the internal affairs division of boards.ie, all the normal boardsters might hate him, but god damn it he's got a job to do!

He must protect this mighty institution from the corrupt cancer eating away at it's heart.

I reckon he also has a small penis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

DevWhore for mod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I dont understand the problem @ all

DeV posts a pic of the Special Olympics, which is to be commended. An event that deserves and requires all the advertisement that it needs.

He then types

I'mmmm haaappppy for youuuuuuuu.....

He could be tired, sticky keyboard, or mentally retarded.

I dont see the link ?

and by the way, thanks for making a name for yourself on boards.ie. we welcome you with hot flame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Could you please take your bleeding heart outside? It's dripping all over the carpet, and it'll probably leave a stain. Here, I'll get you a bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, I was wondering when you were going to surface as what your name really is DW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by DevWhore
    - it appeared to suggest that triacus98 should be a part of the special olympics - something that's offensive to people like me who have relatives that will be taking part in the special olympics.

So basically your pissed because Dev invited someone into your "special" club. What if Dev was to arrange for you a membership of the FreeMa$ons, would you be happy then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MickRyan2000

Originally posted by DevWhore
    Can I just say that this is one of the most inappropriate and offensive things I have ever read on boards.ie.
    LOL, triacus98 = retard. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

could be kinda offensive to be fair, but still, registering a name that is soley designed to offend someone somewhat devalues your argument.

Having a name that annoys the "Bastard Operator from Hell(bless)" strikes me as twice as stupid.

Bugger ye

Happy Trolling all the same.

and perhaps try not starting your post with something about being banned may help you in the future.

Advertisement