Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fried-egg on Toast

• 15-12-2002 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Anyone eat this? I've asked lots of people I know if they eat fried-egg on toast with brown sauce but no-one has said yes! There must be people out there who've heard of this concoction.. somewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mmmmm, i think i'll go make one now:)

toast + fried egg + loads of salt + brown sauce = nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Hurrah someone who's heard of it \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Mmmmm fried egg on lightly buttered toast with two rashers of bacon, salt pepper on top and maybe even a light grating of cheese over the top. Yum. o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I am more of a ketchup man meself. toast, egg, and ketchup. One of the only things I can cook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

tman make me one while you are at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

mmmmm i have this at least once a week - no butter on the toast friend egg and lots of brown sauce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

2 fried eggs on 2 slices of toast. Another 2 (buttered) to dip in the yolk. A large slash of (HP - NOT YR) brown sauce on the side with a strong cup of tea. mmmmmmmmmm droollll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

now im really hungry!!! Think i'll skive off work and go to the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Either fried egg on toast, or egg and chips I always eat with brown sauce. My g/f also constructs a grease-monster dubbed 'toad in the hole' which involves a piece of bread with a hole in the centre, egg dumped into the hole, all fried together with loads of salt. It's tasty but you can actually feel your arteries furring up as you eat it.

As an aside, I always though 'toad in the hole' was sausages baked in a pan full of batter mix (like Yorkshire pudding).....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah yes, me too I think it is called that in UK or Wales I guess. I think it is possibly baked though. It may even be akin to the sausages poking out of the mash a-la Beano and Dandy in days of yore ;)

That thing your gf has is like something my ex made but she said it was a "Russian" recipe! hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Mmm... must try that toad in the hole, sounds good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No butter on the toast, and ketchup not brown sauce.
    mmmmmmm it's good, and easy to make.

Advertisement