Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

age limits

• 15-12-2002 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

is there any ages limits 4 to b a moderator, whats the youngest moderator here, and who?

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You have to have a mental age of 18+

Occasionally we've found people who's physical age differs from that.

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think bubbles is four.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

yeh i no 2 people like that-knigconor and axe!. wel obvoiously im not going 2 say me thats jus big headed, but i really wouldnt mind being a mod some time in the future, do you think there will ever be a chance?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by DeVore

DeV.

:)

do i dectect sarcasm as in the know your nerds page bubbles has a cigarette in between his lips, you wudnt want your site to be approvin f any illegal activities.Know Your Nerds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I acknowledge not that elitist website THEY call Know Your Nerds.

I am one of great nerdness, and twice smiles as failed to post my pic. I dont agree with the arguement that I am just too grotesque and would scare off little kids.

Down with it I say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

DeV.

Of course, there's no such restrictions on Admins :D:D

{edit}runs for the hills{edit}

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

/me sings at Borzoi

(and nicks his beer).

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

DeV.
    ROFL :D seriously though LMAO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by azezil
    ROFL :D seriously though LMAO :)

Think about what you just said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i mean what i say i mean to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I'm 16, Will be 17 in January. Not sure if there's anyone younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I just turned 15...alas,im no mod... whose the youngest user on the boards?

Now theres something I didnt know before... which is cool... *shrug*. Some people are more mature at 16 then others are at 40.

If you want to be mod, you probably arent the type of person who's going to make a good one.

DeV.

u better make a new thred 4 that qustion cuz they'll just close this 1 for going of the topic

thats why i don't want to be a mod.;);) [wink some more][nudge][nudge]

Its cool that I've just turned 15? how so?
    also, Iron, if you want to become a mod,I'd reccomend getting your post count up a bit. Almighty Admin's dev and cloud would probably want to know who you are before they give you a board

eh?

Originally posted by azezil
    i mean what i say i mean to say

Ok fair enough

Originally posted by ironbrew
    eh?

may i commend you on your efficient spamming methods

• Advertisement

Those were scarily fast replies o_O
    anyway, if dev/cloud dont know who you are, they're unlikely to give you a board. Look at people like az. He has a high post count, and the admins know him for the sexy beast he is, and he got his own boards to mod. I'd reccomend getting at least 400 posts before asking to be a mod

so dev/cloud have met every moderator on these boards and have gave them the thumbs up?

No. We havent met all of them, admittedly most of them but not necessarily when we gave them mod-powers...

btw being a mod gets you NOTHING and a big pain in the ass.

Post count counts for NOTHING.

We judge people by their posts, maturity and lack of spam in general. Mostly it works. Cake also has its say, of course.

DeV.

Encouraging him to get his post count up for the sake of becoming a mod is not a good scheme. It's like giving him an excuse to spam!

I've haven't met DeV or Cloud, yet.

Why the hell do you want to be a mod anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

My mental age varies depending on what board I'm moderating. So from 70+ (Humanities) to 21 (Games) to -12 (Boards Events) -69 (Kittencake)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

mental note: Take pic of Amp in foetal position at next beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by Oeneus
    I'm 16, Will be 17 in January. Not sure if there's anyone younger.

I'll be seventeen in May :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

First rule about becoming a mod is - don't talk about becoming a mod.

The second rule about becoming a mod is - don't talk about becoming a mod

:P

[muse]
    I suppose the best way to become a mod is to take an active participation in a particular section or hobby/interest. Something that doesn't yet merit it's own board. If there is enough interest, you can always apply for a board here.
    [/muse]

Personally, I just got the mod of politics because one of the other mods was going off on holidays and someone threw my name out with a few others. This was completely unknown to me until I got a PM from DeVore asking me if I wanted a politics modship.

As for my other modship, well just guess :P

ok in other words i'm not going 2 be givin a mod status coz i've talked bout it, ah wel life goes on, oh sh!t wat life!?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by swiss

Personally, I just got the mod of politics because one of the other mods was going off on holidays and someone threw my name out with a few others. This was completely unknown to me until I got a PM from DeVore asking me if I wanted a politics modship.

Heh. I only made the suggestion to put up an instruments board, and they then put me as the mod. :)

And Slosh was slapped up for modship on instruments aswell from when I was on holiday. And for some reason he's still there. :)

well i'd love a board on GAA it, as i recently discovered there was just a borad for sport and none for GAA alone, but ah well what can you do!

p.s if there was a board for GAA it would give me a better chance to argue with Alany and i'd be able to hear more views from gaels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Cake also has its say, of course.

is that kittencake ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

i jus want 2 nomin8 ironbrew 4 mod if we eva get 2 run a txt msg board i thnk hed b a gr8 mod thnx bi

rspct 2 da max nokiaboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i would say if you wanted to be a mod it would have to be something in which you have experience with and would be able to give some help...

like me for instance, i couldnt help on 90% of the boards here, i just look at them and give my point of view while sitting bored out of my wits at work wishing i was lying in bed at home watching tv or playing me pc/ps2...

i could give experience in the half-life forum though for instance as ive been playing it since late 99', that and the games forum as i consider myself a big games player.. :)

this is just an example im not trying to pimp myself here </excuses> :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

it also dosent really help that youve only been registered on boards since this month as no one can really cast a real opinion on who you really are or what you act like, wouldnt have much common sense just to hand out moderator status to a person youve just met before, bit like saying "heh you there stranger, mind holding this €150 for me while i run around the corner"... well not really like that but you get my example :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

This whole "how to become a mod" stuff should be on the FAQ board.. then we wouldn't have to keep repeating our witty sarcastic replies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

<sigh>

3rd rule about being a mod: Dont ask for a kittencake board
    4th rule about being a mod: Dont support the kittencake cause
    5th rule about being a mod: Dont ask what kittencake is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

well i'd love a board on GAA it, as i recently discovered there was just a borad for sport and none for GAA alone, but ah well what can you do!

Well... you could talk about all things GAA on the sport board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ahhhhh Tizlox..... what are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

rofl , i'm 14 and noone believe me when i told them . /me sighs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Wait there are rules to becoming a mod? I thought you just got in with the "family" and if you proved yourself you gained some status and "responsibility".

Yeah.. that's right. I'm going public! Soon everyone will know that boards.ie is just a big ********** smuggling cartel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by Tizlox
    3rd rule about being a mod: Dont ask for a kittencake board
    4th rule about being a mod: Dont support the kittencake cause
    5th rule about being a mod: Dont ask what kittencake is

Actually, kittencake can be funnier if left to the imagination :)

So, name everything that kittencake isn't and then maybe i would be able to work out wat it is!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I used to be the youngest last time someone posted a question about who teh youngest was.

I will be 17 next July making me younger than LTM :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

So, name everything that kittencake isn't and then maybe i would be able to work out wat it is!?
    Indeed Alice, and make sure to run fast while you follow the rabbit down the rabbit hole into wonderland, "time is running out".

Advertisement