Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharp GX1, O2 and MMS/WAP

• 15-12-2002 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Is any one else having problems with the Sharp GX1 on the O2 speakeasy network?

My brother bought one on Friday and it wouldn't connect to send MMS or to the internet via the WAP browser.

We went through all the settings with the support staff (who were very helpful btw) and all the turn on/turn off caper and still couldn't get it to work so we were advised to bring it back to the shop and get a new phone with a new SIM, so we did.....

Then yesterday we got the new phone. checked all the settings and they were exactly the same as the ones that O2 had mailed to me the day before so we tried it again, no go. We then rang the support line again and the guy on there said he would change some settings on his side and for us to turn off the phone for 20 minutes. We did this and lo and behold it worked,we were able to access the web with the WAP browser and I sent an mms to my phone and it came through HALLELULIJAH!! but...

When we tried it again 20 mins later we got "Server Connection error" on trying to send MMS's and "Error: Check Settings" on trying to access the web. They said that they would forward the problem to the Tech Dept. and get back on to us today but I was just wondering if this was a problem with this phone in general or if my brother just was unlucky and got two duds.

BTW I was highly disappointed to learn that the infrared function was designed purely to facilitate the phones use as a modem and cannot transfer info/synch with another phone, surely it can't have been too hard to include a function like that when designing the phone.

All in all I'm ever more convinced that the extra €250 I spent on my Nokia 7650 was money well spent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man

BTW I was highly disappointed to learn that the infrared function was designed purely to facilitate the phones use as a modem and cannot transfer info/synch with another phone

All in all I'm ever more convinced that the extra €250 I spent on my Nokia 7650 was money well spent.

It can't? So you can't upload photos to your computer with it? That sucks! I was thinking of buying one.

7650...pfftthh, don't people ask what that big rectangular bulge in your pocket it? Probably one of the ugliest phones nokia have ever come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Originally posted by eth0_
    don't people ask what that big rectangular bulge in your pocket it?

emm....no

Advertisement