Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching the net for prices?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Bloody hell that could work out very nice indeed.....
    They arent charging to be listed on it so it should be as close to a definitive list of prices as you can get. Wonder if they will include filters for international shipping etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

My god i do like that. Already found some nice 19" Monitors at some nice prices ... i like how the € is equal to the $ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

"i like how the € is equal to the $"

Yeah but who ships internationally???? Most electronics goods aren't shipping internationally because of pricing structures between the US and Europe. Therefore you're likely to pay an extra 20-30% on the same goods that can bought in the US for a resonable price.

Amazon.com is one example, you can get books sent over here but try to order any electronics and you'll get this page isn't you it's not it's policy to do so. Shame really. I like how the € is equal to the $ as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Saw the thread title and was about to post the same link.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by CivilServant
    Yeah but who ships internationally???? Most electronics goods aren't shipping internationally because of pricing structures between the US and Europe. Therefore you're likely to pay an extra 20-30% on the same goods that can bought in the US for a resonable price.

You'll find that tactics most prominent in authorized dealerships, and if you can find somewhere that does ship internationally, they usually have limited shipping options, for instance I've recently been looking for a pair of headphones, some sites were quoting $75 2-day air delivery via UPS (for a $100 item?), completly ridiculous... ended up finding somewhere for $32, and that was the cheapest.. still cheaper than from the uk though :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i presume uve seen google fight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I was checking this service out and thought i look brilliant, so i mailed em with some question about future international functionality.
    Thanks for taking the time to email us. We always enjoy hearing
    feedback
    from our users and hope you'll continue to share your thoughts and
    suggestions with us as we work to improve Froogle.

We are working to include more international merchants in our results
    and
    a sort-by-geography function soon.

The Google Team

Original Message Follows:
    Subject: Extending Froogle internationally
    Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:20:33 -0800 (PST)

I have just bee trying out the Froogle Beta and find
    the functionality very good and highly useful . Is there
    any chance that Froogle will be able to cover European
    stores in the near future? Or and option where you can
    filter which stores ship internationally?

Again thx for Froogle.

Dotsie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

so for the time bing its pants but shows signs of eternal happiness for the future :)

bet it will always show u the stuff that is overpriced tho ... its just to good to work the way i want it

Advertisement