Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying echo from speakers

• 15-12-2002 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

This problem popped up a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to get rid of it dispite numerous driver reinstalls etc, and the problem isnt the speakers, because I have tried a few. Basically there is a soft echo on all the sound as if it is being run through one of those SB Live! "theatre" or "hall" filters (and no I don't have any of those filters applied).
    Anyone encountered this before or know how to get rid of it because it is getting extremely annoying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have a SB Live and when the sort of problem you describe occures
    it is the environmental audio being acidently left on, are you sure the No Effects setting is applied, rather than just having a reverb/effect setting turned down to zero?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

where are you're speakers ?

are they beside any other possible interference?

i.e infra-red key/mouse, tv aerial

do you use your mic and is it placed in front of your speakers?

passing all that to be sure to be sure,,

as mike 65 said there is lots of echoes and distortments in the sb live card,

happened to me once, i was just messing about and accidental left one on, and it was something freaky like "hall" or "well"

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

The enviromental audio isnt even installed, and there are no external sources interferring with the speakers.

what ver. of m$ windows do you use?

start>all programs>creative>creative soundblaster live (*value)>creative diagnostics 2.0

this does an overall automatic fix if your speaker mixer settings are muddled up or not functioning properly

start>all programs>creative>creative soundblaster live (*value)>creative diagnostics agent

this checks if your settings are correct

hope that helps,

if you can't find that in your all programs listings,

go to the c: and hunt em down

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Found the problem. For some reason the EAX panel was showing max reverb. Rather strange since I never use any of those sound panels. Some other software must have set it and not reset it on exiting or something.

Advertisement