Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious Hangup

• 15-12-2002 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭

Allrighty then.

I switched on the PC the other morning to be met with mysterious freezing behaviour while booting. The PC would freeze up, the monitor would switch off and the hard drive would spin down. Pressing the power switch produced a system beep, slow spin up of the hard drive, and the monitor coming back on. Everything would then crawl along, eventually move on and after 10-15 attempts and reboots windows would get round to loading.

Whipped off the case, no loose cables or burned wires or anything. Started running scandisk at startup, but every 3-5 minutes, like clockwork, I'd get the same interrupt and the have to hit the power switch/enter key a couple of times to get it going.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got adaware or virus checker??

Might be a good idea to run scans.

Kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I'm also getting a BSOD when I move the mouse across the scandisk window in Windoze.
    Adaware & antivirus scans came up negatory.

Advertisement