Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair

• 15-12-2002 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

(Before I go any further, I'd like to say that this has very little relavance, and any answers will definitly NOT affect my emotional state. But put up answers anyway, I would like advice)

I'm consideering shaving my head. Completly, wet shave and all. Currently I have a near-Beatles mop... I'd love to get dreads, but not till my parents have near-to-no control on my life (18).

Other thingys... my best friend (whos also my ex) would go "ohh x (x is me) why..." And my parents might not like it... though it would be a way to start them on the road to me getting dreads, tattoos etc...

So who thinks I should do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

if your not sure about it how about not going for such a drastic shave straight off , go for a blade 2 or something first and decide if you like your hair that short. i was thinkin of doing the same a while back but i got blade 2 , liked it like that and decided id be a lunatic to go for wet shave as its cold enough with hair ;x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

I always get a 2 anyway, when it does get cut...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

pretend you like DIY. (ok bear with me. this does go somewhere). and say one day to your parents. "i would like to build a shelf". they might wonder for a while and think whats come upon their young son, but they will go with the flow and get you stuff like, planks of wood, nails, screws, glue and if your lucky, some electrical machinery.

ok, take a weekend and start building the shelf, if they offer to help you, say no. build your shelf, and paint it. nice bright colour would do. but dont forget to sand it down before you paint it though. it helps a lot.

now here comes the best part. take the can of glue and pour it on your head. let it settle and mush it in a bit to make it harder to get out. once the glue sets in, you will have no other choice but to shave your head completely. your parents will understand cause they know its uncool to go around with a bunch of glue in your hair. they're hip to the bone like that.

sorted.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

One question, what do you want? Whatever the answer, go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by Durden
    I always get a 2 anyway, when it does get cut...

if you always get a 2 then you might as well go for the wet shave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I love the feel of having a shaved head on top. (/me quickly double checks statement for sexual innuendo... nope, seems fine)

If you do decide to do it may I suggest a couple of things afterwards...

-Get a hat! Make sure that you can have a hat on at night as it gets cold nowadays. Last time I shaved my head I woke up throughout the night with a sore head because it was so cold.
    -Get yourself one of those girly face masks, those cucumber mud masks y'know? After shaving with a blade, put it on your head, and indeed your face too if you like. This will settle the skin that is very not used to being hacked off its world.
    -Your skin will be lacking in essential oils and moisture after shaving so may I suggest a nice shaving oil for afterwards. I have some great stuff called "Somersets" shaving oil. It smells spicy and it's good for your skin.
    -Be prepared to have difficulty putting T-shirts on over your head a day after shaving!!

Go for it, sure, what can your parents do after you do it! hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Is "x" a girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Go for it. One of the best decisions I ever made was to shave my noggin. I only go for a blade 0 but there is not much difference between it and a wet shave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what do you think you should do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Get a cheap/ free thing off the web - one of those studio programmes that allows you to look at yourself without hair. Alternatively get a pic of you off a digi-cam/ scan and remove your hair in photoshop, etc and see what it looks like :-)

Me? I have long hair and keeping it :-)

• Advertisement

Is "x" a girl?

No I'm not... Go read my other posts if you want some proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Yeah do it.....

Be prepared for the reaction though. And like the man said....buy a hat, it doesnt suit everyone...the thing is that you wont know until you try it.....

If your parents havent ok'd it, they will freak out in all liklihood though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Go for a wet shave man, I wet shaved for years. Hairs growing back a bit now as I let it for xmas, mothers don't like seeing baldy thugs instead of nice sons ;)

Soon as xmas is over I'll be wet shaving again.

It's the way forward!

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I shave my head every three days with a Gillette Sensor Excel.
    See http://www.boards.ie/members/typedef/schmoo.jpg

It's really quite good for all those lynchings and cross burnings I go to....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I do a dry electric shave on my head, tis great, the cicks love it and when you get up in the morning your sorted. But, your perants will more than likely hate it

By definition, if your parents like your hair cut, you are a nerd.

hehe... bauldy man pr0n :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by sutty
    the cicks love it

Yeah, the cicks are all over sutty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Littletinyman
    Yeah, the cicks are all over sutty.

sutty is well known for chick pulling alright.

no, stop laughing, its true.
    really.

ok, it is a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

cicks is some sort of disease right?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Funky

Only if you didn't sign the pre-nuptial agreement.
    *haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Funky

It's actually a mainframe operating system[1].

Al.

1. I know it's not really a fully fledged OS, but lets not get into it, eh? IBM nerds :rolleyes:

the pc term is "Big Blue techie".

I meant chicks :D
    ah well the joke is lost :(

As for the mainframe OS... isn't that CICs?

anyway back to the topic, shaved heads good.... WhiteWashMan bad.... Uggggggg....

Originally posted by Trojan
    eh? IBM nerds :rolleyes:

Mmmmmmmmmm...... AS/400 pr0n

WhiteWashMan? whatzat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i wanna get a mowhawk, and not the "mowhawks" that are around today, i mean a traditional mowhawk, entire head shaved except for a flat strip down the centre, oh yeah :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭YoungNastyMan

For ****s sake, It s only hair, Its not like it isnt going to grow back!!

Is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

My mother threatened me with death when i said i'd save my head for charity, then again i cant really blame her.

<< Fio >>

Advertisement