Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helter Shelter Christams Party

Options
  • 15-12-2002 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Helter Shelter Christmas Party

Pure Alternative, No House, No Techno, No Distractions

Friday December 20th @ TBMC

Doors open 11pm, Admission 10.00 euro

Email us with the tunes you want to hear.
    heltershelter@eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

should be great fun withnail.

Here`s to a delightfull christmas party. Is it true that "sodiumlightbaby" is santa for the night?!

Looking forward to a night of non cliche songs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

ah jaysus. i love helter shelter, but i can't go. i have a date for the first time in a million years on friday. with two boys. hah. well, i like to call it a date. i dont think they do. weh weh. my brain pains so. ack. perhaps i'll try to drag the lads along and shake out the ache etc at the helter shelter.

i should win a prize for crappest post ever. can my prize be dressing sinister pete up as a lady?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

hmmmmmm
    helter shelter

can you play some lipps inc.? tears for fears?

oh oh oh and some faith no more,

i'm not finished.......

ummmmm........ some b'52's?

and black flag? and oh oh misfits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 bren

One of Helter Shelter's very own DJs....
    will be spinning tunes in whelans bar this wednesday
    18th December from 11pm to 2am warming up for the
    christmas extravaganza on friday....so pop in...and get
    limbered up for friday's partie....

And keep sending your requests for friday's Helter
    Shelter.... helterrshelter@eircom.net...
    and we'll aim to please....

ciao....

Bren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Hmm ive never been... might come along! I deserve a second birthday outing! Hurrah!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ive given u my excuses withnail!!!! but i'll deffo be there in january, whats the date? did ya enjoy yourself on monday? i went to it last night and it was so funny

MELON FOOT

vegetable shop......or should i say vegetable shop and half the ****ing pavement

HATRED

i hate it when you nearly miss the train and as u hop on you turn to the person beside you and you say 'is this the train to cork?' and they say 'i hope so!'

i hate it when someone tells you they've got nicotine stains on their fingers and you know they dont smoke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

oooh another nite of fun and frolics...fantastic...i'll be there...dunno bout the santy suit though !!

play The Cure....play gary Numan...play the Banshees...play The The...play Ladytron...play Interpol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Originally posted by sodiumlightbaby
    oooh another nite of fun and frolics...fantastic...i'll be there...dunno bout the santy suit though !!

play The Cure....play gary Numan...play the Banshees...play The The...play Ladytron...play Interpol

why don't you just go to dominion on a saturday night??? all of the above gets played, plus you don't get any of the phantom indie scum trying to borrow your make-up

been there and done that...actually, the last time myself and a few freinds went there a few years ago, we weren't made to feel very welcome by the "regulars"...they even tried to pick a fight with us, because we dared dance in their personal space !! jeez goths used to be passive in my day....but they're still as clique-y as ever ! I wouldn't feckin mind but we were listening to goth/new wave/alternative before half the feckers were born !

yayy...tonights the night !

• Advertisement

Hmm was quite a good night.. anyone else go??
    Good things ; lots of Smiths and the Cure
    Bad things ; About 10 people dancing... get off your asses ya lazy people!! Thats the problem with the music centre for club nights.. empty dancefloors!!!
    top marks for the music though!!

yep, i was there...i was the idiot making a fool of himself dancing like a spacehopper....great tunes...great fun...

Dancing like a spacehopper eh? Doesn't ring a bell....
    If you saw a girl in a Cure t shirt that was me... never wearing that t shirt to such an event again. Far too many drunken men slurring things about the Cure at me... at which i smile nod and move slowly away.:D

hey i did see you, a boys dont cry tee shirt if i remember correctly....I was impressed...don't see too many of em these days...i was jumping up and down a lot when anything 80's came on (banshees,cure, human league, softcell)...bren played a lot (since it twas my birthday(well almost !).....

Yup twas me... very observant!!:D

as i say, not very often you see a boy's don't cry tee shirt in dublin..bit of a cure freak me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well, last night i had just come out of work, and i was waiting for a taxi and leaning against a railing, and these two drug fuelled freaks started yelling at me and i just cowered against the railaing thinking if i ignore them they will go away and then one of them nearly knocked me off the railing with fright coz he ran towrds me-and it was bloody withnail, not some big drug fuelled freak (at least i dont think so anyway) at all trying to scare the b'jesus out of me (it worked)

anyway, just found out the nexthelter shelter is on the 18th jan....cant wait, tis a saturday night, and its on in the TBMC is anyones interested.

Advertisement