Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is your insurance ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 blindboy

I'm 20 1 year NCB and paying €2750 with a full license on a 1l polo I thought that was very good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

€1200 on a 1.0L Micra, TPF & T. Have a full license and 2 years NCB. I'm just gone 23.

Found out that I'm also covered to drive anyone else's car but only TPF & T though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 speedyboy

Im payin 4800 to drive a 2l v6 fto gr, Im 23 with full licence and 2 yrs no claims

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i'm paying 1070e a yr on a honda prelude 2.2vtec, full no claims n am 34 tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by speedyboy
    Im payin 4800 to drive a 2l v6 fto gr, Im 23 with full licence and 2 yrs no claims

well holy god, someone's actually paying more than me :eek:

I'm still the sucker though, I've a 1.4, speedy has the 2lt !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

mitsubishi colt LE 1.3
    23, male, first year on the road

QuinnDirect - €3650 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Was quoted €4200 for a 1.4 focus with quinn direct, but went under my fathers name instead for €2200, i only use the car at weekends so didnt think it was worth paying it under my name, i'm 20 male full license 3 years ncb under parents policy, hoping to go under my name next year and start getting my own ncb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Company Hibernian
    Car Bmw 316 94
    full lisence for 1 yr 2 months
    2 yrs named driver
    Price 1700 under my own name
    first car insured on as named was a 520 Bmw Second was my own 1.3 feista now as above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

Age 32
    Full licence 10 years full NCB

Best quote so far : AA €3596 A rip-off but what can i do, picking car up monday.
    Insurance nearly made me back out but **** it :)
    '97 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 3.6L

sweet i begs first go when you get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Me Insurance is up next week
    3 years no claims
    I am 22
    on a pug 106 1L €1500 with Quinn-direct.
    I am hoping to buy a 318 and was quoted €3000

i was quoted 3600 when quinn worth gettin a quote from hibernian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Peugeot 106 1.1L AXA First time insurance 23 Male Prov. License 3000 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Quinn wouldn't quote me on the 318 so i got a quote with hibernian for the 318

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

my bike insurance has dropped to €560 TPO this year - still on my slow old virago 125. Full licence and maximum no claims, age 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

The joys of being older. 28 yrs old
    Full License 10 years, max NCD

€948 fully comp on an 03 Civic Type R.

All ok as long as I don't claim!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Heres one to make ya cry

25, 3rd provisional, named driver, fully comp, on my girlfriends(also 25) Peugeot 206 1.1, from 2 weeks ago till the end of January.....

E 348

And I just passed the test so that should come down
    Ask LoneGunM@n(said girlfriends brother) if ya dont believe me

With Axa btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Just got my first quote. Mind you it's only as a named driver on a Honda Del-Sol 1.4 Vtec. I'm 25 and on my first provisional and I've been quoted €565! Looked in getting insured last year and the quote was €985.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Audi A4 1.9Tdi
    Age turning 30 in 2 weeks when policy is due :(

Quote 680 fully comp :)

9 years full licence and 8 years ncb.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

Just have to boast here

Iam in the uk, I drive a Mercedes, I have comprehensive with business use and protected no claims discount, the policy is for me and the wife and it costs ..............

£218, thats right £218. My wife pays £196 for her 106 but she has only 4 years ncd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Started off in Feb with a 106 1L. Payed 3050. Transferred insurance to a 93 106 xsi 1.4 3 weeks ago for 47 yo yo. Found out 2 weeks ago that the engine in the car was
    a peugeot 106 1.6 gti engine. Bad at first, was really puzzled. The car was supposed to be 8 valve but it was 16. Hitting brick walls looking for parts for the wrong engine. Rang the insurance company just to see if their would be any probs....none. An increase of 130 yo yo from last monday.

So im just 21 (2 weeks ago) on my first prov (4 MONTHS), no previous insurance in a car (1 year on bike though....made no difference) and im paying 3177 for a pug 106 gti. HA HA AAHA HA AHA AHA HA AHA AHA AHA AH AHA AHA AHA AHA HA AHA HAA H
    :D

I had it tested on a rolling road at Premier Motorsport .... its putting out 122 bhp.
    Got the chip with the car, previous owner claimed that it would get 140 bhp + with
    the chip installed and engine re-mapped. Leave it a while though. The car is being
    stripped/ restored......Crash damage/ never repaired. Should be on the road again in a week or so. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

paying just over €1900 Fully Comp on a 97 Mondeo..

But this includes the 3 parents as named drivers, windscreen cover, breakdown
    cover and a load of other extras..

29 years old, full licence and with Axa.

Still paying for a bit of a fender bender I had nearly 5 years ago :(

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

€798 t.p.o. on a Suzuki Bandit 250 with Carole Nash, Provisional A license.

Hib wanted €1100 for the same thing/

when I started this topic mine was 4609, now its €2404

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

When I left Ireland 6 years ago I was paying 1600 punts for third party fire and theft on my 10 year old Ford Fiesta. I'm 29 now living in the states and I pay $1010 for fully comp on a Volvo S40 1.9T and a Ford Focus 2L, that also covers my wife for both cars.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

25 , Full License for 2 years, 2 years named driver..

1,400 Euro with Quinn on a BMW 316 TPFT

5 years no claims on a bike, full license for 3 years,

830 Euro TPO with Carole Nash on a Bandit 600

TBH I feel insurance has got over the peak and is now settling down slowly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

2400 euros on a seat ibiza 1l, 20 year old full licence with quinn direct tpft and its my first policy!!! tip if ye are going for quinn direct is to ask how much the policy is without open drive on it!!! mine came down 1200 without it and it cost me nothing to put both my parents on the policy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Paying €926 2004 Opel Astra - with eaglestar lady - 26 years old Pro Lic.....
    Not too bad I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

Sheesh.... Some of the premiums you guys are paying sound outrageous. I've heard of young folk being hit hard for insurance here in England in certain areas, so I guess I'm fortunate.

A couple of years ago I was paying about £150 (Sterling) for TPF&T on a '77 Ford LTD station wagon. It's gone up considerably the last couple of renewals, now stands at just over £180.

Age 38, full no-claim, rural area in lowest-risk category.

Advertisement