Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightwish confirmed for Bloodstock '03

Options
  • 15-12-2002 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

...and there was much rejoycing

I can see many, many a member of our little boards.ie metalheads community downright sh*tting themselves with the news of this, so it's going sticky. And to think

From www.bloodstock.uk.com
    The BLOODSTOCK UK Metal Festival has extended the Heavy Metal boundaries in the UK once again by confirming the first ever UK show for Finnish superstars NIGHTWISH in August 2003. NIGHTWISH will headline the second day of the festival on Saturday 30th August. In fact this will be one of only a few concerts NIGHTWISH will be performing in 2003 as they are taking most of the year off and only playing selected key shows and festivals.

Now, this is a fantastic festival, I was there last year, and it's extremely cheap to get over. I flew BMI Baby from Dublin to Donnington airport, and it was a 2 quid bus trip into Derby itself. And I stayed at a hotel which was really close, only 20 per person sharing. Flights were pretty damn cheap also. So this is all a hell of a lot better then the few of us who were thinking of taking a trip to Paris to see them! :eek:

Plus there's a stong Irish group who go to the festival. And you'll also be supporting Irish metal veterans Waylander!

The Bloodstock is the only UK metalfest worth anything, and it's completely unprecedented. This year they got European Metal GIANTS Blind Guardian to play their FIRST EVER UK date. And the same is true with Nightwish, who are possibly even bigger than BG. So you're going to be seeing something completely unique, and groundbreaking.

I'm sure there'll be quite a few here who'll be grabbing their tickets already. I'll post up information about travel and accomadation for those interested closer to date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

WA HOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

somebody buy me new undies.

I used all mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

OH MY GOD!!!! UUUURRRRRRGHHHH! I Cannot breeaaaathh!!!!!! AARGGHHHH! :eek: :D:) :cool::eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

omfg!!!! i HAVE to go t this!!!! I'd say you could easily gather up a group of a dozen people who would go see this one. a boards group would rock! :D

ps: i really cant wait for this because I havent been to a rock/metal concert since seeing meat loaf in dublin about 7years ago! (which rocked btw :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I knew this'd have you guys ****ting yourselves.
    Frankly, I'd love to tell you that it's a joke, just to piss you off royally.
    But I can't, 'cos it's true.

I know quite a few other people who'd be very willing to go also.
    10-20 people easily.

• Advertisement

I know a few people from Wales that will want to go also. And maybe a couple more from Wicklow.

If theres a boards group goin I could get me and 2 others easily :)

I went out and bought the new album today! She's stupidly hot in the photos inside the CD booklet thingy! :D

First one who turns this into a Slydice Special is getting a flogging with my moderating stick. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

now thats a gig worth seeing even if i have to go to the uk to see them but i am sure that it would be worth the money.

• Advertisement

Yeah, although it wouldn't be worth it to go see a band like say Mudvayne now would it? :p

Lets keep that to the mudvayne thread, and stay on topic, shall we Oeneus?

I just got my tickets last night. While doing so I found out something that I think you should all be aware of.

They are only selling 2000 tickets, so I would advise you to jump in as soon as possible. Lucky for us I don't think many people will be booking tickets until more bands are confirmed.

How much are the tickets?

And Id rather be sure I know whats happening before getting them, cant wait too long tho :o

New bands confirmed. Haven't heard of any of them though.

Blaze
    Power Quest
    Dragon Force

You've not heard of Ex-Iron Maiden singer Blaze Bailey?!!? :confused:

Ah! That's him is it? Sweet! Actually come to think of it I never actually heard any of the Iron Maiden stuff from when he joined.

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Ah! That's him is it? Sweet! Actually come to think of it I never actually heard any of the Iron Maiden stuff from when he joined.
    you mean from before Bruce Dickenson joined? ;)

Nah, that's Paul Dianno (I think). There was a period in the mid 90's where Bruce Dickenson left.

Oeneus is indeed right.

• Advertisement

oops, silly me.
    /me kicks self

Advertisement