Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Whatever?

Options
  • 15-12-2002 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Can somebody tell me the name of the band and/or name of the song that goes a little something like this,

"and i was like whatever!"

"wearing a leather jacket... punk, i was like whatever!"

Anybody? It's a brand new song as far as I know. Cheers ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

From the top of my head I think it's called United States of Whatever by Liam Lynch. Won't check to be sure cause you should be using google by now young man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's "The United States of Whatever" by Liam Lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Thanks guys. I googled'd the bejesus out of it before bothering anyone here, but I couldn't find it with "american whatever lyrics" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Download it, listen to it once and go "wo this is cool", listen to it more than three times and you'll delete it... probably the quickest song ever to become boring I reckon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Did anyone hear the george bush version on dead ringers hillarious. Liam lynch shouls stick to making vidio's though he made a few foo fighters and tenacious d vidios as the song has a pretty short appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

To do a comic book guy impression
    "Worst song ever"

OK not worst ever,but it is fairly brutal.Despite the fact it has been talked so much about so much i only heard it in full today.It must be less than a minute long!Its a chorus and a couple of sentences that each end with the word whatever.It must have taken the whole of 2 minutes to write.

Maybe I am mistaking this with something else but i could have sworn somebody said it was satirical.Satirising what?Politics?Society?Media?The only thing I can come close to thinking is that it is a piss take of all those wealthy american kids(mostly girls)who end every sentence with
    "So I was like,yah whatever!"

But honestly I fail to see how such lyrically untalented meaningless rubbish managed to spark offf so much debate.

Yeah I heard the Bush version.I new it was probably a pisstake of the song as I had heard of it before but seeing as I handt heard it I didnt really take much notice to the joke.

Advertisement