Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this DVD player? CyberHome-505

Options
  • 16-12-2002 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

Have a look here.

Seems to have everything i want, 5.1, MP3, Multi-region and and theres some more info here.

Will buy tomorrow i think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Go for it with the player... however you can get them a LOT and i emphasize a LOT cheaper elsewhere!!

There is a thread right here about said player... This would be better in the home entertainment thread as thats what it relates to

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=113

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Yeah im sorry, forgot again. Will a mod move this please.

Btw Saurman the cheapest i found this elsewhere was on dab.co.uk for £90 or £110 incl. of shipping to Eire, or €171. Its €169 here. Are you confusing it with the Cyberhome ADL-528 or 302/402 older models which i think are about €100 on richersounds.ie? This is a newer model CH-505 and i havent found a poor review on it yet.

Example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

moved to Home Entertainment...

Does seem like a great bargain tho, dual-lens should result in a better quality image than other bargain players, while a lot of the extra features are pretty redundant (prologic-2,ycc,5.1 channel din output), they seem to have sorted out a decent menu for mp3 playback, the 528s being rather ****, so thats pretty good :)

I'd presume that they haven't fitted a decent power supply or a fan still though (couldn't find a proper pic of the back of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hi not sure if its the same thing but bought this cyberhome 528 from richersounds today

www.richersounds.ie

it seems to do the whole cha-bang, 5.1 dolby digital, dts, vcd, cd-r/rw mps and the best thing was for an extra 10 euro you can get it multi region.

i think its a better deal than the one you linked us too

• Advertisement

Data the 528 is the previous model and had some small problem i think. Plus that region free is a remote control hack and you need not have paid anything for it.

whoops any idea what the small problem was? , yeah the guy said he had to do something alright with it alright ah well least it is done and is now multiregion.

i already returned a dvd player i bought last friday to powercity so i could buy this model as it was multiregion and i thought it would be better, hope its not gonna give me any problems

kali should be able to tell you more about the problems. And you were stung with that €10 multi-region thing :). All in all i think its still a good player but im hoping the 505 is a step up as the reviews are promising.

well i bought it for the g/f xmas present so i suppose the problem won't be mine, just don't want to give a crap present had originally bought this crown dvd player that seemed quite decent, yeah i got stung for that multi-region thing, don't mind though as it was still slightly cheaper then what i had payed already

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

As far as the 528 goes.. do a search on this board and you'll see a few posts from me about it, it'll do grand as long as you don't abuse it, use the headphone sockets or put it above or underneath anything flammable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by Dotsie~tmp
    Btw Saurman Are you confusing it with the Cyberhome ADL-528 or 302/402 older models which i think are about €100 on richersounds.ie? This is a newer model CH-505 and i havent found a poor review on it yet.

Example.

Yup i am... sorry I realsied my mistake as soon as i posted it but i could not be arsed ammending... besides.. no doubt somewhere on the planet you can get it cheaper.. anyway looks like a good deal so go for it.

btw my dad had that one for a day... im sure it was that was, it was not the 528 anyway and it looked like the one you are talking about.. the player was fine.. but he got it with the 5.1 speaker system and that sucked, he wanted something better so had it changed to the more expensive Philips one.

Advertisement