Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day live on Phantom

Options
  • 16-12-2002 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all ;)

For the third year in a row I'm pleased to be able to bring you the special Christmas Day all-request programme, live from late morning (10am) until early afternoon (2pm).

The first time I did this I expected just a few callers, but was amazed at the number listening, and last year was even better.

Feel free to phone, mail or text on the day, with requests for yourself or others.

Big Phantom Hugs (TM) will be liberally distributed, and there will be some prizes on offer too!

As well as fun and jollity, I won't be forgetting the reason why I originally started this Christmas Day event back in 2000 - for people who are alone on the day.

Christmas can be a rotten time if you are lonely, ill, jilted, or seperated from your family/loved ones. If you are feeling sad or down, this programme is here for you, and you are encouraged to get in touch and have something played just for you.

If you can't get in touch, be assured that Phantom cares anyway.

So that's the third Christmas Day All Request show, 10am-2pm, live.

Join me if you can :)

Steve Conway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

no problemo steve! it'll be great to hear your voice in the moring agian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

what a gent! I'll tune your way !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

im also providing music for ppl on xmas day (in my own sweet way) so i doubt ill be able to tune in, but if i get a spare few moments i'll no doubt send a threatening text message your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

That's extremely generous of your time - respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Well, it's a pleasure.

Pleople who are lonely/ill etc have often texted/mailed in to tell me that Phantom is a friend.

What sort of a friend would we be if we didn't talk to you on Christmas Day . . .?

Seriously though, being able to play stuff for people at Christmas gives me a happy glow. Or is it something that Paul Clarke put in the mince pies . . .

Steve :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

I'll be listening while getting nicely p!ssed off my face. Great fun. So if you get any threatening text messages from me, Do As They Say or I'll set a Rosanne look-alike on you. :D

Cheers for giving up your Xmas Day to keep us happy. Yer a star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elaine

No doubt ill be locked but ill be listening in....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Ah i'll probably be too busy watching the Lyrics Board Christmas special!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

aw...bless your little cotton socks! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elaine

OOH i forgot that was on....i must remember to tape that so i can watch it over and over....class programme:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I know!! It doesent get any better than Linda Martin dressing up like she's 20. And that guy with the bizarre joke shop facial hair!! CANT WAIT!!:p

Having been dragged along as an audience member once, I can't watch without feeling *so* sorry for the poor captive audience, forced to clap and jig about. They will even reshoot a scene if you don't clap and hoot enthusiastically enough!

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Steve finally came outta the closet....

Huh!!!

There ain't a closet big enough for all *my* dark secrets ;)

Steve

*sweeps dramatically out of the room*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Oo! Inquiring minds want to know.. :p

Advertisement