Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable Problem

Options
  • 16-12-2002 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Hello

I sent in a thread about this topic befour but i had no luck, so i will try to rephrase the question

dose anyone know of any algorithms for non cpu schedulling i looking an algorithm that will schedule rooms, lecturs, course ,
    without the possability of a clash?

any info will help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I seem to remember there being a really clever way of doing this in O'Reillys "Advanced Perl Programming" Haven't looked at in years but I remember being quite impressed as I've often thought about this problem.

As far as I recall the guy fillled two bit vectors and XOR'd them to see if there was a clash. Of course I could be completely off the mark! :D But it's definetely a nice way of solving this problem

If you can get your hands on a copy it's in the second chapter, complex data structures.

Advertisement