Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Monitors, graphics cards and dual monitor setups.

• 16-12-2002 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

Just a few questions, didn't want to bother putting them in individual threads.

1) Komplett have a very nice deal on a 17" LCD screen at the moment. My mate is thinking of buying it. As far as i know he's going to use this as his main screen i.e. playing games etc. Apart from the whole space saving factor, is it worth his while getting this. Will it be ok for playing games? Or, would he be better off getting a good 19"/21" CRT?

2) My mate also wants to get a new graphics card, he currently has a GF2mx. He's looking to spend in and around €200. There's been lots of info in some of the other threads about graphics cards. He wants to run two monitors on his system, the first for games etc. and have the other one for email, msn, etc. So should he get a graphics card that can support two monitors or a second pci card and run the second monitor from that? Would running two monitors ,from the one card, throttle the performance of the card? I'm thinking it probably would.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Killian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

For gaming.. i've played on some lcd monitors and always found CRTs easier to play on.. thats just my personal preference tho.. Id go for a good 19" CRT

As for the card.. Id get the geforce 4 ti4200 on komplett for 180.. I bought it a few days ago and it's an excellent card and has dual monitor support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

:) only did this last week.

monitors.jpg

I bought a vga - dvi connector and hooked up my flatscreen to my Creative Geforce4 Ti 4200's dvi connector.
    I run irc on one monitor and everything else on the main one, i primarily bought the flatscreen for lans.

I've noticed no preformance drop but need to turn of the 2nd monitor in games as it changes the res on both screens and messes it up a bit.

And as for the gaming the monitor does grand, not really noticable.

Advertisement