Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multiple Domains

• 16-12-2002 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Just came across a problem which if solved would make my life a whole lot easier.

I regularly 'roam' between 3 windows 2000 domains with my laptop. I need the laptop to be able to access all three without having to manually add myself to the domain each time I get into work - basically its a pain in the ass.

I have XP Pro on my laptop btw.

If there are any windows 2000/XP guru's out there that can help me get all three domains setup on my laptop at the same time I'll buy you a christmas present! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

if they are on one site or a on a wan then set up a trust relationship between the domains.

logging into a Trusted domain is the same as logging into you current domain

topology notes pls

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

sorry, should have said that.. theyre all on seperate sites... all star ethernet kinda things

no connection between sites?

wan or vpn or
    dialup with ras

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

nope, no connection at all.. no wan, no vpn, no magic pigeons carrying packets of data... there may be a crusty old caretaker but I dont think he's much in the way of TCP/IP.

In that case you should RAS over PPTP every time you hook up to a network you don't belong to

EG

1. You belong to one domain...period

2 You 'dial ' into the other two... when there... OVER their OWN LAN not a modem, set up RAS and PPTP on your system , PPTP on the systems you log into on the 2 domains and then give your user on those systems the right to dial in using RAS

M

• Advertisement
Advertisement