Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save a child this Chrimbo!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes. But it's still 15 yoyos more for a game that won't be played and a game that they wanted. Also the game that was sent back gets taken out of the publishers pocket and not Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

nah game would resell them, game can't return disc's to the publisher just coz a customer changed there mind about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

In fairness, Game are sometimes more expensive, unless you get them to price match wherever you see stuff cheaper, and yeah, I doubt there is a publisher in the world that will take back stuff because someone doesn't like it, so I reckon Game do have to re sell it..or take the hit themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

nah game would resell them, game can't return disc's to the publisher just coz a customer changed there mind about it

Yes they can. That's the whole problem with this scheme - Game is the only retailer with enough market share to force terms like that out of publishers.

i remain skeptical and will look into it, i for one however love there lax policy, theres no reason for them to do it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Some how I think you should just trust Shinji on this one :)

Don't think so Shinji...no matter how big a retailer is the publishers know that without them retailers make no money...can u really see Microsoft and Sony saying..'oh, you bought it, but you don't want it? Sure we'll take it back, here's your cash!' Game either resell or take the hit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it is a sad but true fact that Game do this. They also charge the companies for shelf space. Nintendo won't pay them thats why their games and consoles are on a small shelf at the back of all their shops.

I noticed you have “Games Retail” in occupation on your profile page, if you don’t mind me asking, who do you work for?

Never said I wasn't biaised Monument :) But I do know what I'm talking about....

• Advertisement

Shinji is a games industry trade/business journalist and I think he knows what he is talking about also :)

"Some how I think you should just trust Shinji on this one"

well i looked into it, spoke to someone who worked in game that i know, if theres nothing wrong with the game i.e not faulty, just returned for the craic, it goes back out for sale.

Advertisement