Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC suite for Nokia 6310i

• 16-12-2002 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

having a little problem with PC graphics. I have a nokia 6310i as I said and I'm using an infrared connection (dont have a cable & bluetooth wont work).

Anyway, on with the story.. Caller Group graphics & Picture messages work grand - I can download them to the laptop, draw new ones and upload them to the phone. Howwwwever... when I click on operator logo the 'update to phone' and 'retrieve from phone' buttons go greyed out and thats it.. she's not 'avin anymore operator logos!

Apart from searching for the pc suite cd and reinstalling the software is there anythingI can try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

same situation here (PC Suite 4.81 and Nokia 6310) - for operator logo the only way i could send it was using the OverTheAir button (looks like a postcard to the right) and sending it like an SMS

p.s. the Socket Card Bluetooth card and Digianswer software did the trick to get a Bluetooth Connection up an running with the PC Suite - have to see if it can be fooled with a Toshiba Card as it has a similar virtual COM Port Config tool

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'd be interested in getting a bluetooth dongle but would it sync with the 6310i ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Hi RicardoSmith,

only cards that run the Digianswer software that is required to interface with the 6310(i) PC Suite would sync - the Socket Connection Kit (the Socket Bluetotoh CF card + PC Card Adapter and Windows drivers) is the one Nokia recommend

this was an unfortunate relevation after buying a TDK USB adapter and having non joy with the 6310 when it first came out - there was never any mention it would only work with Digianswer software - the nokia forums are full of people wondering why their bluetooth adapters won't work with the 6310(i) PC Suite :(

however if you only want to use it as a modem then any Bluetooth adapter / card that supports the DUN profile should work out ok

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

My pda only has ir so I'd only use it as a modem for that. No I only really wanted the blue tooth to sync it with my desktop really. But good info. Thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement