Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dude where's my car

• 16-12-2002 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Sweet god.. what was I thinking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:eek: Indeed! What were you thinking, even some mall rats in Iowa
    passed on "Dude..." (more did'nt though!:D)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

It was stupid but it had its moments.At least it did what it said on the tin-childish,immature,puerile-all ingredients that can make a funny piece of nonsense.:)
    At least it was better than some of the"gross out"teen movies
    *me looks at American Pie,which dressed itself in comedy clothing but which in fact was closer to Dawsons Creek and Home and Away or some other rubbish in that vein*
    Honestly,I watched that expecting a 2 hour LOL film-there were a handful of laughs and about 1 hr 45 mins of pussy tennybopper does he love her drama.Who gives a fu*k!

Id like to apologise-as you can see Im raving off the point by this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Are you trying to say that Dude where's my car is better than American Pie.

There is a sequel on the way so I hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I know it was incredibly dumb but my girl and I laughed our asses off...

Weren't drunk or nothin'...

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

saw it in the cinema when it first came out...
    that's 2 hours of my life i'll never see again:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by The Gopher
    all ingredients that can make a funny piece of nonsense.:)

But they didnt make funny nonsense.
    This is probably the worst film I've ever seen. Even worse than the Kennan and Kel film.

And as for American Pie, iirc you didnt even get half the jokes, you had a rant here and they were explained to you. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Castor Troy

A truly bad film. One to stay clear of in Xtra-Vision.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Watched it the other night on one of the Sky Movies and bejaysus, it was uber-sh1te!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

dude, what did you expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think it deconstructed the modern day need to find one's car very well.

It is avantgarde and certainly not for the faint of heart. But truly where can you find the need to find your car so accurately visualised upon celuloid?

Personally I believe the director deserves an honourary Palm D'Or for taking such a creative risk as this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's a terrible terrible movie. I got around to watching it on de telly a few weeks back. I think there's a vague plot in their somewhere. If there is, I don't care, it being a terrible terrible movie etc.

That Kenan and Kel movie (something to do with a burger joint?) was a masterpiece in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I enjoyed it... saw it on Sky 2 weeks ago.. it was worth the hour and a half i sat there watching it anyway... Funny.. not great but fun.. Saw Galaxy Quest too and i thought that was cool.. Tim Allen seems like a good Startrek Captain!! Look out Scot Bakula!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

dude wheres my car was utter tripe but galaxy quest on the other hand was brilliant...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I watched the first half hour of it, I actually had to stop watching it. I've never seen such a mindless piece of crap, ever. I'll generally watch any movie but this was just too much.

Advertisement