Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Forum FF8 topic

Options
  • 15-12-1999 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

chubby - in the FF8 topic in the games forum you mentioned you thought Final 6 was better than final 7... why?

if you want my opinion, Final 6 was brilliant, but Final 5 was better and Final 7 was best by a long shot...

2040 - you can pick up good chocobos down by mideel and great chocobos by the gold saucer, and the guy at the chocobo ranch will tell you how good they are
    Make sure you get a male and a female(!)
    Buy the best greens the chocobo sage has (50 for each chocobo, you may need to sell a mastered 'all' materia). Feed them the greens and race them up to 'S' class at the Gold Saucer
    Then mate them with a carob nut (available from the big dragon style thing with loads of hp but no strength below bone village - steal or collect at the end)
    If you come out with a green or a blue one, keep it, otherwise reset from where you save it just b4 mating them and try again. Do the same again (it helps to get other chocobos - you cant mate the 2 original immediately again, or the baby one)This time you have to get the opposite colour (if you got a green you need a blue) and the opposite sex.
    Wait for these two to grow up, feed them greens and race them to class 'S', then mate them with a carob nut. You should get a black one straight off, if they are class S.
    Next get a wonderful chocobo near icicle lodge (in the snow). They're rare here, but they do come now and again. You have to get one opposite gender of the black one you have. Feed him and race him up to class S, then save and mate them with a zeio nut. You get the zeio nut on goblin island (forest) from the weak 'goblins' (who also have a crap enemy skill). Steal or collect again.
    You should get a gold chocobo from the mating. KOTR is on the top right corner of the world, not shown on the map.
    KOTR kills Sephiroth on shot the first time, and 2 the second time. You'll need it to beat the optional weapons as well.

You can get a gold chocobo if you beat Ruby Weapon (from the guy in Kalm), but this is pointless as you will already have one, because you cant beat ruby without KOTR...

Direct more queries to the help line smile.gif

A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

A lot of the characters in FF7 like Cat Sith, Barret etc are just there and no one really cares except they help out in fights. Almost every character in FF6 had some interesting back story you can dig up plus there were a lot of memorable scenes in FF6 involving the characters. And I didn't like really Cloud. That punk was a fraud wink.gif

That doesn't mean FF7 is an inferior game compared to FF6. My preference for FF6 could be because it was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played. FF6 when I got it years ago was the best looking game around, with an amazing story and great characters. I paid 70 quid for it and no didn't regret it.

I tried to play FF5 about 2 years ago on an emulator but the sucky old graphics put me off. I can get it for the playstaion but I am not going to bother playing it since they didn't update the graphics and only put in new computer generated sequences.

Now, having just finished FF8, I have to say FF8 have one of the best story in the series. The ending sequence is an amazing 20 minutes long, cool wink.gifsmile.gifwink.gifsmile.gifwink.gif

You gonna to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

Only maybe 2 characters from the large cast weren't as developed as the rest but everyone else had great stories. I really do think FF6 has some of the best game characters ever. And Kefka is not that bad. He had an annoying yet unmistakable evil laugh and there were many great scenes involving him like when Celes betrayed and stabbed him. Killing General Leo and one of the best moment of the game, the reshaping of the world was caused by the power hungry Kefka wink.gif Gotta love those laser thingies slicing through the planet.

*munch*munch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Final 6 had so many surplus characters tho, i dont know how you can say they all had back-stories!
    What about mog and the gorilla-yeti guy???
    I know what you mean tho. Final 7 was the very first *console* game i ever played, and holds a special place in my heart smile.gif
    However, each and every playable character in final 7 had me in tears at some stage or other... even Cait Sith!
    After playing final 6 on an emulator, i didnt care about the graphics of final 5 - the game ro><ors so much! And Exdeath is the coolest bad guy ever until Sephiroth. Kefka was a sh!te bad guy - even you have to admit that chubby smile.gif

A

Killing general leo was a good moment alright, but dont try to tell me it was better than sephiroth killing aerith! smile.gif

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BLooD

hey asuka man
    which do u think was harder..ff7 or 8
    i'd say 7 by a fair bit but some other ppl say 8(they're just pussys when it comes to ff games tho :] )
    and ff6 and ff5 both kick ass
    ALL OF THEM DO! (pretty much all of them anyways)

• Advertisement

unfortunately i havent played Final 8 yet... sad.gif
    not having a playstation doesnt help... (only temporary hopefully)

ive heard many ppl say that ff7 was harder tho
    ive also heard them say that it was better - i wont pass judgement until i play it, but ive a feeling theyre right smile.gif

as for pussys in the games department, the Japanese are the main ppl for that smile.gif
    it seems like a paradox, but the japanese prefer the game to be easier, but to have battles once every 3 seconds or something ridiculous
    they changed it for the other versions

more posts to the board pls smile.gif

wan Final Fantasy smile.gif
    Asuka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

7 is much harder than 8.but im in deep dispair i got 2copies of disc 2 of a well shady pirate games salesman and i cant get hold of disc 3.and i just bet edea.
    agh god why do you hate me so.
    what have i done to bring your wrath upon me.

pesonally i thought the whole 'cleaning Disc 2 with a brillo pad' sorta wrecked my chances of getting the early japanese import copy from a friend (note that it was not the friend who used the brillo pad, but *his* friend little brother :/)

A

Tsk, go buy the game. Over 6million others did wink.gifAnd yeah, FF8 was very easy compared to the other in the series.

*munch*munch*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I'm nearly finished 8 now, but I found 7 much more satisfying. Except for the huge battle between gardens near the end of CD2, My jaw hit the floor, just looked so damn nice. smile.gif
    Still I prefer 7 over 8. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Anyone know when FF8 is out for the PC here?
    I don't have a PSX and am gagging for a game of it :-)

Mills

Mills - the PC version of Final 8 is due out in February, whether it will actually *be* out in February is another thing...
    I think that that may be only an American release date as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BLooD

yah...ff7 was better the whole system of materia and stuff
    and for the brillo pad...u gota buy bigger brillo pad m8....it's ll in the size
    prolly one the size of *your* head
    and i can't remember how to use da smiley guys
    tell us!!!! as in me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Does anyone have a copy of ntsc ff8 disc3 to send to me ill give you a game like xenogears of something for it.xenogears is almost as good as ff8.

Xenogears is class alright...
    And BlooD - just add a colon ':' and a close-bracket ')' like this smile.gif

Actually the whole smiley thing confused me for ages when i started reading the boards smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

7 is harder than 8... Which is kind-of a shame, because 7's battle system was a bit b0ll0x compared to 8's...

Advertisement