Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl MP3 Player (€99)

• 16-12-2002 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sure thing scan the advert give us a look

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does it play MP3s from CDs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by pickarooney
    Does it play MP3s from CDs?

most likely not if its memory-based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah ive seen it and it looks ok but the ad doesent tell you what type of memory card the thing uses.

Looks good for the price though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Hope this picture works:

Mp321111.jpg?bcHSl_9AvUSrLwDC

Jer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

nope, it doesnt seem2be working :)

Post another message and attach the pic,

working fine for me

Can't upload it here cause it is too big (about 200kb). The usual place where I put pictures ins't working this evening. Will try again tomorow.

Jer

And here is the picture:

mp32.jpg

Jer

Well i dident buy one today but i did get a look at one over in Lidl this morning ( Buying my weekends supply of frink brau ) and i liked it even more when i say the thing for real. It`s so small i couldent believe it. The picture makes it look walkman sizt but its smaller than a casset tape.

Any one buy one?
    What are they like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Got one today (friday) and its great!! Plug it into USB, XP finds it... stick in the cd and it finds the drivers.. install the software and straight away im in. I noticed 2 sample mp3 files when i did this on the flash itself.. deleted them without listening. Copied over most of an album to the 64mb on board... Had to cut 2 songs but they were 192kbs!! Went down to make tea but i think it only took about 2 mins at most to copy the files!! Have not looked at the other software and there are sample files on the cd i have not looked at yet... all in all well worth the €99! I was lookin for one recently and when i saw this thread i decided to wait.. glad i did..

Oh the flash cards it nees are MMC (multimedia card) and it takes up to a 128mb card.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=24149&t=1313&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=17&GrpID=12&s=pl

Oh quality.. well only tested with the earphones supplied and i was impressed.. very basic.. no uqualiser settings but there is treble/bass and volume seems loud enough.. its VERY small and VERY VERY light!!! eh its EXCELLENT!

Oh by the way,, discovered today they dont take Visa (only laser) so had to run to the ATM outside but the girl waited for me.. Oh and there was about 10 left on show in Blanch (not sure if any more out back or not)

Well the other Blanch sstore for those that dont know had more than that yesterday about 20. Its not very well known that there are 2 in blanch as it has just opened.

If you leave the shopping center on the road that the buda bar, extra vision, and Mcdonnalds are and go straight through the next roundabout heading for hartstown/hunstown you will find it. Its only a 5 min walk fron the blanch center!

Did not know that, up near power city is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

I think this should be in the classifieds.

Originally posted by Runfree
    I think this should be in the classifieds.

Hardly... thats for people (private) selling stuff.. this thread is info about a product available in a shop.

If it belongs anywere it belongs in a Lidl/Aldi forum in the commercial interaction section (where Komplett is!) considering how often people post the deals available there.

But since that does not exist and no rep from either store is around, the technology thread is as good as any.. since it is what is being posted... an mp3 player is technology!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yup, this is the best place for it. The specs can be discussed, and a lot of people who read this board will be interested in it.

Its not near power city its more the hunstown direction or if you were heading for club ICE ( THe ledgand ).

I was in it to day, being my closest shop and there were about 8 of the mp3 players left. Stuff is slow to shift outa that shop as its not as well know as the other blanch store!

ice don't you mean slice :), its not that far from powercity two minutes in a car, you know the statoil at the entrance to the industrial estate drive past that (if you are coming in from the side of the fire station) and take a left (opposite to the sign which says alternative entrance to blanchardstown shopping centre) continue straight to the next set of lights (power city will be on your left behind the railings) go straight until you reach the roundabout take the first exit and continue straight and you can't miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    Its not near power city its more the hunstown direction or if you were heading for club ICE ( THe ledgand ).

I was in it to day, being my closest shop and there were about 8 of the mp3 players left. Stuff is slow to shift outa that shop as its not as well know as the other blanch store!
    WHITESTOWN

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Lidl in Baldoyle is getting 5 in this morning:) was talking to them yesterday one of them is destined to be mine though:)
    Cant pass up what looks like such a good offer:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is there anywhere on the net I can see a pic of it? The other link dosent work ,
    What make is it?

Eh.. there is a pic of it on this thread.. not a link but an actual pic... back on page 1...

Its nice and blank where the pic should be

Works fine for me.. anyway just saved it and stuck it on my boards space so try this
    http://muppet.boards.ie/members/saruman/mp32.jpg

[edit] just noticed it now begins with muppet.boards etc... interesting..

Advertisement