Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't some guys play LESS electric guitar?

Options
  • 16-12-2002 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

SLash,
    Stereophnics,
    oasis,
    BUSTED.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

i think they enjoy the wrist action......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

yeah actually i've noticed that the strumming motion actually is alot like another motion.

Big hands again , no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dexy

i dont really think busted is music id class em in the same wave as Avril Lavigne although hot as she is,she aint got no talent u get my point right

but busted don't even need MIc or AMps.....
    class act.
    just like slash in november rain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Playing guitar is like ****? Someone is not doing SOMETHING right.

November rain is more Axl's song. He basically added to a mood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

ok what the **** are you trying to say? Have you listened to much guns N Roses apart from a radio edit of Sweet child o mine? Any guitarist that is halfway decent recognises the great ability of Slash,and I don't know what your talking about that he doesn't know where to put in solos or riffs.G n R music is well thought out your just focusing like a tabloid newspaper on the lyrical content and making pathetic judgements about Slash playing ability and his tophat?!
    Elastica!!!! **** sake you can at least name good indie guitarists if your gonna like Johnny marr and John Squire.Basic chords was raised as you said that girls are just as good as guys technically,which I have rarely seen,and that girls use basic chords.

Enjoy listening to green day /Elastica and sticking with the pixies cos it wont help your progression might throw you 20c when your whinging away busking on Grafton St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

gee...
    funktastic, you really laid in there... but i must say... in some ways i agree...some ways

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Please refrain from mentioning Elastica in the same breath the the Pixies.

Ta.

it was an accident

how about funky town?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

I am big G'n'R fan - some of the arrangements on those songs are just incredible (I'm referring to songs on UYI I & II) - they really were a gifted bunch of musicians.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Have to agree G-n-R ruled but I'm more of an Appetite fan Slash is gifted. Also Zeppelin were the master's of arrangement for me, were rock guitar is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

ha! just for the title, this deserves to be up the top ...

I think it's a very valid point: Led Zeppelin were a great, great band, but (and this is very off-the-cuff thinking here) it's almost like they were limited by having such a technically-brilliant/accomplished guitarist ... not that I'm saying all their songs sound the same, though some certainly do ... but there are times when the simple and the unadorned is what you need .. like the way the Moon is beautiful and a motorbike is beautiful (it is, okay? just go with it...), but I don't think LedZ had the vision to be able to see that sometimes you need guitar that's more like the moon than like a motorbike.

gosh that almost makes sense.

Advertisement