Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching off digibox for 2 weeks.

• 16-12-2002 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

If I switch off my sub and FTV box's when I go on hols for two weeks will all the channels be lost and will I have to ring $ky and BBC to reactivate?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well if they do go off, just wait a few hours (after plugging boxes back in) and the cards will reactive themselves. Overnight is usually best.

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Always unplug phone line if storm, and unplug mains / phone if away.

Only some of the channels "lock". They always come back on their own.

If the box is off for several years it might need a forced download, hold backup on box (not remote) while powering up.

You only ever need to ring Sky if you put the card in a different box. They take new box details and change it over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Thanks "watty" BTW I have 4 dishes and 5 lnbs and the family (wife) and neighbours are not bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Hey, Greenman. I have 4 Dishes but now 8 LNBs. I think they breed.

(Not counting MMDS style mesh dish for plyaing with and 2 x 85cm dishes I'm setting up WiFi LAN bridge connection on)

Advertisement