Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 1 doesnt work on XP?

Options
  • 16-12-2002 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

i have noticed that my q1 the game itself not qw doesnt work on windows xp on both my computers..this mean i cant run sereveres or nothing any1 know a solution can u d/l somit to make it work???

thanks,

cart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Well cartman let me start by saying I don't know! but i was gonna get Quake 2 for my pc wich has windowsXP (it was one those special value versions of like 'sold out' and 'Xplosiv' not the original packaging wen windows xp wudn't hav been out) and it showed on the back which versions of windows it worked on and it stated that it didn't work on xp specifically. I also heard that some old pc games don't work on todays pc because of different methods of memory storage or something. So on that information it sounds like it probably isn't going to work on yur pc but there might be an emulator u cud get do it but i don'think they exist at the moment. so i guess that puts u **** out of look buddy. Who knows maybe I'm wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

:confused: I can run Quake and Q2 on my machine - which incidentally happens to be running WinXp

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

err winquake should run.. if not that then glquake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Yeah if only i knew what winquake or glquake were.......

Originally posted by Horsefumbler
    Yeah if only i knew what winquake or glquake were.......

Winquake and GLquake are two executables within the quake install directory. As the name suggests, Winquake is quake for windows.The basic Quake 1 was not made to look as pretty as the games we know today. Therefore there have been additional programs that help transform your Quake 1 into a more attractive Quake 1. This is called GLQuake

I hope you're not trolling;)

Bio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Winquake and GLquake are two executables within the quake install directory.

They're not actually, you have to d/l them.

http://www.quakefiles.com/files/keypage.php?filekey=q1wquake1

http://www.quakefiles.com/files/keypage.php?filekey=q1glquake3

they should work

Well actually, Osiris, I downloaded the full Quake installer from ID (yes I paid for it), and the installed directory includes WinQuake and GLQuake

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

whats that sonny? I don't go in for them new fangled gadgets. I wasn't aware ID updated their release of quake 1. Wasn't on there 5 years ago;P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah i baught a budget copy og quake 1 it came with malice expansion and some other mad expansion but it didwnt have gl quake cause i had to download it and i couldent gl malice anyway, but i think it did mave win quake!
    Byt them my memory is sctechy at the best of times!

Advertisement