Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7650 version's and bugs...

• 17-12-2002 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

Dubwireless any joy on walk in and upgrade on the spot location in dublin?

i'm really getting sick of all the bugs my 7650 is throwing at me, its crashing and doing stupid stuff all the time :(

1) Freeze's randomly when attempting to come back from screen saver
    2) Freezes if fone is interfered with while checking email(AM7650), same situation as above except seems to be guaranteed
    3) Glitch can mean no matter what the signal should be the fone show's no signal and requires a reboot before it will ever show signal
    4) Freezes during any normal use quite frequently

and i've over 2 megs of free space with all these bugs, i've heard of software devloping more bugs after time but this is taking the piss :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

afraid not

called the three places i've been trying after i got back from the holidays

phonepak on the quays and they said in a week or two (but been saying that since october)
    teknofone on georges st. said they wouldn't be offering it (they had said they were hoping to) - might try them again - was talking to a different person before
    telephone centre store was engaged when i tried

the Mobile Phone Repair Co will do it but it's a send away job, so i'd expect Sigma Telecom can too, but again it's a send away job

it's could be possible to drop the handset out to the MPRC 01 2950907 (Sandyford) or Sigma Telecom 01 8142200 (Finglas) direct, not sure if they would turn it around for you there and then though, might have an option to pick up back up rather than deliver it back out though

HTH,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ah thanks fer the info, will ring those places after x-mas when i get back to dublin...........

low batt warning 4hrs ago, still working fine now lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Serialkiller I'm not sure if you already know this if so just discard it.

Nokia offers a service where by if your phone is not working properly they replace the handset, sometimes with new handsets and some times refurbished ones.

If you were to take it to your nearest Nokia center they might be willing to replace it, whether or not it will have new software I dont know.

Are you a club nokia member?? It makes life easier when trying to replace phones.

If not you can register on www.clubnokia.com.

The Club Nokia web-site lists the following as service centers in Dublin:

Aircall
    Clonskeagh Square, Clonskeagh
    Dublin 14 Dublin

Tel.: 353 126 98877
    Fax:
    Email:
    www:

Cellular World
    Unit T4, Stillorgan Industrial Park
    Dublin

Tel.: 353 120 61000
    Fax:
    Email:
    www:

Cellular World(Concept store)
    Unit 10, Royal Hiberian Way
    Dublin

Tel.: 353 167 03786
    Fax:
    Email:
    www:

Lets Talk Phones
    51 Henry Street
    Dublin

Tel.: 353 187 35011
    Fax:
    Email:
    www:

Mobile Phone Repair Company
    77 Furze Rd, Sandyford Ind Est
    Dublin

Tel.: 353 129 50907
    Fax:
    Email:
    www:

Sigma Telecom
    St. Margarets Road, Finglass
    Dublin 11 Dublin

Tel.: 01 3531 8142222
    Fax: 01
    Email:
    www:

I have used this service many times, basically when a phone becomes near its sell by date I get it replaced, got a new 6310 last week. They do it on the spot if they have ones in stock.

Nokia Irish helpline is 1890 555 739

Just say you want a replacement phone as your a club nokia member.

Note: They replace the handset only, they won't give you a new battery.

hth

sorry for the long post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Well thanks for all your input, but i was aware of all that i'm afriad.

have had 7110's 8210's and 6510's all of which required replacing.................... with a software upgrade issue though they send them away just to have the software upgraded usually, its not physically broken and the issues would be classed as software, i don't want to have to wait while me fone is sent away, it can vary from a few days to once a month and a half due to some problem with the service centre they sent it to. so i'd rather have it done on the spot or somewhere i can physically goto...

Advertisement