Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets hit vodafone for bad service

• 17-12-2002 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Ok ppl firstly let me tell you that after 12 am (midnight) there is only 2 people working on Vodafones Bill Pay customer care.

So if the network go's down in your area and you try and ring (off an O2 mobile or landline) to find out when it will be back and what the f*** is going on you could have to wait over 20 minutes to get talking to someone. Which has happened me recently, Vodafone said that there is no demand after this time, I asked what happens when theres a fault and they just said there was no demand. I work in a bar and every saturday night we have 7 staff on, if its busy we'r all working if its not we'r borred, but thats the way life go's you can never predect anything but you normally cover yourself.

I mean how much money do you think vodafone makes after midnight, I'd reckon enough to pay 2000 people to work, but they only have 2. I think its a disgrace.

I want to try and organise something (now if this is outside Board rules I apologise) I want to get as many people as possible to ring up after midnight on certain dates and protest at their cheap lack of service.

Anyone willing to take part either reply to this forum or pm me.

Value for money thats all I want.

2 people serving the largest phone network in this country after midnight is that service??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

What good will come of ringing up and bugging two under paid vodafone call centre workers, who are just trying to do their job?

If you feel that strongly, and you really want to stick it to Vodafone, stick it where it hurts. And switch to 02.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think you missed my point I want to show vodafone that there support system is not value for money.

One customer moving to O2 is not going to do anything.

I appreciate your comments but I'd like to keep this thread to what I said:

"Anyone willing to take part either reply to this forum or pm me."

If your not interested in what I'm trying to do thats fine, I'd appreciate it if you didn't post here.

Thanks

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ring O2 after midnight and see how many people are on. A bar can't be compared to a callcentre. The bar is only open till 2:30 latest, and they're always busy at some point. No company on earth will pay 7 people night operator rates to sit on their ass 'just in case' something goes down.

There's 2 people manning the phones, but the actual engineer force isn't lower. The engineers are all on call, so if there's an outage it will take roughly the same amount of time to resolve.

If it annoys you that much, switch to O2, but I don't think you'll find them too willing to pay for more staff at night just to satisfy you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Originally posted by irish1
    Ok ppl firstly let me tell you that after 12 am (midnight) there is only 2 people working on Vodafones Bill Pay customer care.

So if the network go's down in your area and you try and ring (off an O2 mobile or landline) to find out when it will be back and what the f*** is going on you could have to wait over 20 minutes to get talking to someone. Which has happened me recently, Vodafone said that there is no demand after this time, I asked what happens when theres a fault and they just said there was no demand. I work in a bar and every saturday night we have 7 staff on, if its busy we'r all working if its not we'r borred, but thats the way life go's you can never predect anything but you normally cover yourself.

I mean how much money do you think vodafone makes after midnight, I'd reckon enough to pay 2000 people to work, but they only have 2. I think its a disgrace.

I want to try and organise something (now if this is outside Board rules I apologise) I want to get as many people as possible to ring up after midnight on certain dates and protest at their cheap lack of service.

Anyone willing to take part either reply to this forum or pm me.

Value for money thats all I want.

2 people serving the largest phone network in this country after midnight is that service??

I dont think its a disgrace, I think you should get a job that has more sociable hours. What the hell were you bugging some poor rep for at that time of night anyway. Use the payphone. People are too reliant on Mobiles these days. Its sad.

Did it occur to you to try to manually select your network, or even phone off/on?

good luck buddy in organising this circus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Mutz
    I dont think its a disgrace, I think you should get a job that has more sociable hours. What the hell were you bugging some poor rep for at that time of night anyway. Use the payphone. People are too reliant on Mobiles these days. Its sad.

When the guy works is up to him, the phone is a service he's paying for so he'd rather not use a payphone (doesn't that make sense even to an anti-mobile-phone-champion like your good self?)

Did it occur to you to try to manually select your network
    He's not roaming in another country - he gets Vodafone or nowt

I wouldn't see it as that much of a problem TBH but what you've posted makes no sense at all. Nothing personal Mutz but how is suggesting he get a different job going to make any damn difference?

• Advertisement

Sceptre... manually selecting your network works believe it or not. If a phone loses it's reception, it doesn't mean the network is down. You give the phone a location update by doing the above. Roaming has nothing to do with it.

Also, being a part time rep myself, i deal with people like irish1 all the time and believe in the fact that if people took a little time to think about the problem and get to know how to work the phone they purchased, they might just have the ability to help themselves. If your phone doesnt work, try something else.. i.e. the payphone.

Expecting the same level of service at that time of night as you would get during the day is unreasonable. I'm sure if Vodafone deemed it neccessary, they would indeed have more people working at that time of night. A Tech support (Not Customer Support) team usually finishes at midnight at the latest. So there would have been nothing they could have done except offer the advice I just gave there.

"anti-mobile-phone-champion" isn't how I'd describe myself, sorry if I misguided you. <opinion>People rely far too much on Mobile phones and if something goes wrong, its the end of the world, and I really do think that its sad.</opinion>

If you take the point where I asked him to get a different job literally... well then thats your own problem my good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Fair enough

Didn't know it might make a difference to manually select the network (tip filed away for future reference) - as you may have suspected I assumed (wrongly) that you meant select another network.

Oddly enough, when Esat had 24 hour (landline) customer service, I found the level of CS better during the night - at 3am someone was well willing to give the time to go over billing issues. Not a tech issue obviously but then getting through to a tech type is sometimes difficult enough during the day (they being busy doing relevant tech things) that it's as if they're not there then either.

As I mentioned, I really don't see the problem - if part of the network goes down during the night the techs/engineers are already aware of it (and if they're not, they will be when the first two lucky people get through to the two CS people on duty). If everyone insists on ringing to find out what's going on, you can be expecting a big delay regardless of the time of day you ring to let let them know.

Originally posted by Mutz

Also, being a part time rep myself, i deal with people like irish1 all the time and believe in the fact that if people took a little time to think about the problem and get to know how to work the phone they purchased, they might just have the ability to help themselves. If your phone doesnt work, try something else.. i.e. the payphone.

Just to make you aware of a few points.

I have a third level qualification in Computer Programming so using a mobile is a minor issue for me. I normally end up knowing more than the rep I'm talking to. I only call customer care when I have a problem with the network.

So please don't make comments when you have no factual knowledge, like:

"i deal with people like irish1 all the time and believe in the fact that if people took a little time to think about the problem and get to know how to work the phone they purchased, they might just have the ability to help themselves."

On the night I had the problem the ENTIRE network was down, I searched for a network many times manually.

And saying "If your phone doesnt work, try something else.. i.e. the payphone" is really off the wall.

All I want is value for money, I pay them enough every month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by irish1
    All I want is value for money, I pay them enough every month
    If you can find any service, anywhere in the world that guarantees you 100% uptime and an ASA of less than 2 secs on the Customer Service switch, tell us all about it, and I'll happily join your cause.
    Networks go down. Computers aren't reliable. You should know, given your profession. If the network goes down, don't ring up asking why, just get on with life, and wait for it to come back up. Outages are rare, and prolonged outages are even rarer.
    What did you do before mobiles? It's not panic stations if you can't get a signal.

As someone said, you'll have just as much of a wait during the day if the network goes down. And they can't add more agents. If they add more agents, more people will stay on the line and you'll still be waiting. Get over it.

Originally posted by seamus

What did you do before mobiles?

There was always mobiles around I'm only 21 and got my first 088 when I was 15. lol

Point taken I just got pissed off with the waiting time.

• Advertisement

Value for money.. fair enough, but you can forget it at that time of night.

If you hold your mighty 3rd level qualification I commend you... join the bandwagon.

The Factual Knowledege I have is experience with the public, so I don't see why you find a problem with what I said.

Payphones in pubs are usually attached to the wall I thought? :p (that was a joke before you start on again!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

if the network went down, or they had a major fault then they'd put a voice message on the line telling you so. The chances of this happening are minute - so why have 10 bored people sitting there when you only need to have 2?

unfortunately getting a **** load of people to call after midnight(which i presume is what you're thinking) will only give those 2 poor people a headache - it won't change anything, now if you did it for 3 or 4 weeks >:) then it might....

Advertisement